Phantis Forums

Barcelona Cafe

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm a Barca fan too. This year is not going to be easy for Barca to win the title. Seville just beat Real so the top 3 are within 1-2 points, but Real has 1 game less.

I see Barca scoring big time in some games. It just beat Las Palmas 5-0, but it has trouble with some teams.

Mesi and Soares are league top scorers with 14 goals each

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Somehow the thread about Messi disappeared like it was a sinkhole. Anyways.  

Messi is since last week the first player to score 20+ goals in 9 consecutive La Liga seasons.

And Saturday he scored for the 99th time two goals in one match.

The man, the myth, the GOAT.

Let's be honest here, I do love Barcelona. But, the refs really gifted them a "penalty" and an offside goal right in the final 7 minutes of the match when the score was 4-1. Barcelona has been getting a bad rap from people due to past matches where they we're fixed. Who will ever forget 2009 UCL semifinals match vs. Chelsea? 

First penalty was questionable. The second wasn't even one.

PSG commited suicide by parking the bus. You saw that at the moment they actually played football they got a few great chances to finish the game. But they were 85 minutes with their ass in their own 16 and got what they deserved.

Yeah, I think the second penalty was very generous. But, I'm very happy that Barca went through. No matter what they think of this team, it's one of the greatest in the last dozen years.  Overturning a 4-0 score in Euro play is definitely something very, very rare. I want to see Barca-Bayern in the final.

• 1 month later...

Returned this weekend from Spain where I was lucky to see the GOAT once again. Messi scored two goals in the match against Osasuna (7-1 win).

After his goals from yesterday the GOAT has now 5 season (not consecutive) with 50 goals or more for Barca. From the 2009-2010-season on he has scored 40 goals or more.