Phantis Forums

Favorite TV Shows

Tzatziki

Well I don't have a TV, but back in the day this was easily my favourite show:p01lc1xn.jpg

I'm still upset the BBC cancelled the show. I couldn't care if Clarkson punched someone, it was still one of the most successful British TV shows. I'll miss the old bigoted banter on Top Gear and how much it used to piss off the PC brigade.

I don't know what to expect for their new show, but I'm not paying for any Amazon prime, hopefully I can illegally stream it. And I don't have high hopes for the BBC's relaunched Top Gear having seen the new presenters, but I'll still watch it.

• Like it 1

HBO's The Leftovers is a great show:

Revolves around mysterious disappearances, world-wide, and specifically follows a group of people who are left behind in the suburban community of Mapleton. They must begin to rebuild their lives after the loss of more than 100 million people.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2699128/

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone seen James Franco's new show? It's pretty good.

Vinyl is another new show that just started with Scorcese and Jagger working on it! Also pretty entertaining.

I am still pissed off that CBS has delayed showing season 5 of my favorite show Person of Interest. Apparently they will show the 13 episodes of season five sometimes this spring. There are rumors that this will be the final season for the show.

House of Cards Season 4 premiere today. It'scurrently early morning in the US, I'd assume it'll air primetime meaning I'll have to wait till tomorrow

The new season is a beast! No sleep for me this week  :la:

If any of you like low brow comedy and have not seen the series Eastbound and down, do yourselves a favor and check it out! You're welcome  :tup:

After substance abuse and insanely self-destructive and obnoxious behavior throw a knuckle ball at his Major League Baseball career, former pitcher Kenny Powers retreats to his North Carolina hometown, where he takes a job teaching physical education at the middle school he once attended. But another chance at potential big league stardom -- or so he thinks -- takes Kenny "down Mexico way," where he thrills the locals as only he can before he returns to the U.S. a changed man. Or is he? The colorful and frequently profane sitcom comes from executive producers Will Ferrell and Adam McKay, among others, and stars Danny McBride ("Tropic Thunder").

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

The IMDB rating is 9.4/10! That's obscene :cheerleading-151859:

The ending of the scene in that second video is one of my all time faves, "Makes me sick motherfu.cker how far we done fell."

"The Wire is an American crime drama television series set and produced in and around Baltimore, Maryland. Created and primarily written by author and former police reporter David Simon, the series was broadcast by the cable network HBO in the United States. The Wire premiered on June 2, 2002, and ended on March 9, 2008, comprising 60 episodes over five seasons.

Each season of The Wire introduces a different institution in the city of Baltimore and its relationship to law enforcement, while retaining characters and advancing story lines from previous seasons. In chronological order these institutions are: the illegal drug trade, the seaport system, the city government and bureaucracy, the school system, and the print news media. The large cast consists mainly of actors who are little known for their other roles, as well as numerous real-life Baltimore and Maryland figures in guest and recurring roles. Simon has said that despite its framing as a crime drama, the show is "really about the American city, and about how we live together. It's about how institutions have an effect on individuals. Whether one is a cop, a longshoreman, a drug dealer, a politician, a judge or a lawyer, all are ultimately compromised and must contend with whatever institution to which they are committed."

The Wire is lauded for its literary themes, its uncommonly acute exploration of social and political themes, and its realistic portrayal of urban life. Although the show received average ratings throughout its run, and never won any major television awards, it has since come to be regarded by many critics as one of the greatest television dramas of all time."

-wikipedia

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Lazarus changed the title to Favorite TV Shows
  • 3 weeks later...

I was expecting Better Call Saul to be just average.  After all how could it reach the heights of Breaking Bad ?  But I've been enjoying it thoroughly.  Great TV series.

On 2/15/2017 at 10:45 AM, Amorgos said:

Not one mention of Breaking Bad? (I am up to season 5 so please no spoilers) :)

Walter and Jesse get married.

• Like it 1