Phantis Forums

Kostas Fortounis

Guest PastMember

How many goals does he have in all competitions? 14? For an attacking midfielder he's got an eye for goal this season. I believe Oly should keep him for a couple of seasons or his entire career like Djordjevic. The entire game runs through him.

The kid deserves a better league. He's of high caliber to make a big career and, why not, big $$$

I know that nobody wants to lose great talent but who would stay in this league? Would you advise your ..brother to forgo a serious European team offering a much better contract?

• Like it 1

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

He hasn't impressed Bento.

The truth is that this is possibly a good thing as he was on appearances looking a bit too complacent and if he was believing all the press, it was getting to his head.

So he has been working hard in training to improve his game and to convince Bento. Let's see if he comes back better than he has been.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Really don't know what to do about Fortounis. It's clear he has an ego but he doesn't seem to fit into the 4-3-3 system that the manager likes. Seems to tear it up in the greek league against the crappier teams, but I'm racking my brain to think of any great performances in Europe or in the derbies

Fortounis is consistent for us in Europe and Greece @Rodos He creates scoring chances for himself and others, and he is good at free kicks also. I don't recall his ego ever being an issue...when was that? In Europe check his stats before being injured last season, he had 5 goals in 12 appearances according to wiki for our 2018-2019 european games.

As for the derbies, most of them nowadays are not what we had been used to in years prior. Too much fouling, too much events and happenings off the pitch, a whole lot of anti soccer. And as far as derbies and rivals they are all dead anyway, asides from PAOK who has been parking the bus last few derbies so again, no more 3-2' 4-0, 3-1s, 4-4s. Just nil nil and 1-0 lately from what i can recall.

Fortounis is legit, the boy can play and we should keep him. Every coach has played him regardless of system, they play him because they want to win, and the player helps us do that more than most.

ah, just checked his stats for the season. You're right, old age has addled my brain - he missed most of the season with a cruciate injury. I was sure I read something about being benched by Martins due to his ego but maybe I just made it all up - difficult to remember. haha

• Haha 1

• 11 months later...