Phantis Forums

Vasileios Pliatsikas ‒ (Retired)

drakos13

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Pliatsikas ruled out of World Cup

Young Greek star Vassilios Pliatsikas has been ruled out for the rest of the season by Schalke after tearing a knee ligament in training. The injury will also keep him out of Greece's squad for this summer's World Cup.

Pliatsikas, 21, suffered the injury on Monday as Schalke trained in Spain during the Bundesliga's winter break. Team doctors confirmed the extent of the injury after further examination in Düsseldorf.

http://uk.soccerway.com/news/2010/January/...t-of-world-cup/

• 1 year later...

He is better but hasn't just hasn't featured for Schalke's first team, which suggests he isn't the same player he was pre-injury. Such a shame, he looked like the real deal against the Ukraine and the ethniki could certainly do with that Pliatsikas now.

I think he should go on loan to a Greek team for 6 months to get some regular football and try to find himself again.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

The forgotten man of Greek football Vasileios Pliatsikas has recently signed with Slovak Super Liga football club Slovan Bratislava. Since his last major injury which kept him out of action for quiet a while Pliatsikas has had two stints in the Ukrainian Premier League with FC Metalurh Donetsk & FC Astra Giurgiu in Romania's Liga I.

Slovan Bratislava hey? I bet the geniuses will come out and say that at least he's playing in a better league than the Greek Super League! Ha!

Actually, I've always liked this player. He was very versatile. He may not be playing in a good league but at least he's at a decent club in that league.

• Argy changed the title to Vasileios Pliatsikas ‒ (transferred to Panionios from Slovan Bratislava on February 10, 2017)
  • Argy locked this topic
  • 4 years later...
  • Dutch Eagle changed the title to Vasileios Pliatsikas ‒ (Retired)