Phantis Forums

AEK vs PAOK

Original 21

FtT

1-0

Bravo sta paidia, got the job done, we never really got threatend until the end their with the corners and Charisis' shot.

Dominated imo. Simoes my man of the match. Didac had a good game too.

4 points ahead of PAOK.

6 ahead of Panathinaikos.

11 ahead of Asteras Tripolis.

Ok where to start, vital 3 points and good to get a derby win to open up a gap on the rest

Arzo need to be F***ed off RIGHT AWAY and surely Poyet sees this and I hope they keep to their word and go for a CB now as they said they would after this game.

Simeos is an animal, said it from day 1, he is the Gattuso style player, runs all day and wins tackles all over the pitch, real work horse and a big addition to our team.

We missed a few chances and they did also, but overall it was a scrappy derby which could've been won by either side, they missed some sitters at the end with all those corners, which I may add came from an Arzo m*****a when he took 15 secs to decide what to do with the ball before he kicked it out for a corner.

Their wingers were the only ones that would hurt us but we did well to contain them.

I felt that Diego should've come on a little earlier and be allowed to run at them.

One sub I didn't like was when he took off Vargas and put Djebbour upfront and Aravidis on the wing, Aravidis ran his ass off all game then you put him to wing to do more running? Just doesn't make sense to me.

We move onto Thursday now and a big match with Iraklis in the kypello, we need a good lead to take up north for the 2nd leg.

Reaper I like Aravidis and he will give 150% on the pitch with his work rate, but you cant put him on the wing in the last 20 when PAOK is going to come at you and expect him to run more, its semi suicide. Throw Bakakis on instead who will run all day long as example.

Poyet is the same at times, he also leaves his subs late, why put Diego on with 1 minute to go? You may aswell not put him on and before anyone says he may have been running the clock down Poyet made a double sub at that moment. Throw Diego on and let him run at them in the last 20 mins.

Maybe he as saving Diego for the kypello who knows, but I feel he should be given more game time, the guys got 10 goals from hardly playing, imagine he started more often.

Who knows what Poyet is thinking, but even Platelass the guys full of pace and running throw him on with 20 to go and let him run at them.

He tries closing out games with 15 to go and it almost backfired on him.

He persists with Arzo who is rubbish and almost killed us today, throw Lambropoulos in there if you don't want to play Tzane.

We are grinding out results when we could be a little more positive and go for the kill and get that 2nd goal.

The team overall is going well for first year back but there are a few things we can change to help us get the result more convincingly.

Arzo is rubbish I gave him benefit of the doubt but he is heart attack material.

We have a decent young side with some real talent, but we need some leaders especially at the back. Kolovetsios is a solid defender but he needs a leader around him.

In the middle I feel we are strong and have plenty of options.

A striker is what we also need big time.

You would hope if we get to Europe they will spend a few million and also give Oly some real competition next seaon because I cant see anyone else giving Oly a run anytime soon.

This picture from today says it all for me:

195514.jpg?w=880&f=bicubic

LOL, you just hate everything about PAOK.  They are over the border of that imaginary demarcation line you've created in your imagination.  If anything, Savvidis is one of the more civilized presidents in the GSL.  If he was a president of a team from Athens or Peloponisso you'd be calling him a gentleman.

• Like it 2

I disagree guys, I personally didn't see any use for Diego in this match. Around the 70th minute it would have been nice to put on another midfielder to control the ball but we had none. Putting on Diego was a liability at the time considering we had to defend, thankfully it worked out well.

But that's the thing Original, you want to put an attacking player on to have them on the back foot in the last 20 mins, we are playing at home also we shouldn't sit back and try contain a 1-0 lead, just get the ball to him and let him do his thing, we invited them in the last 20 and it got worse for us when they went down to 10 men. Thankfully we got the 3 points but the last 5 mins were heart attack stuff.

Its an EPL mentality he is using, im not against it but make sure you do it at the right time when you have the game wrapped up before you shut up shop, if it was 2-0 no problems but the game was in the balance and anyone could've won it.

With Arzo there how can we expect to sit back and contain a lead, if we have a real leader at the back who control actually command and lead the team around no problems but we are doing things without the personnel required.

Anyway we got the win and that's all that mattered today

Its a small club mentality, he was prob used to ut at Sunderland trying to hold onto leads against better teams, this is AEK, we should be going for the next killer goal inatead of trying to hold on to one. Especially at home. PAOK were nothing special, I would have lost my s%$#! had we conceded at the end.

Anyway, proxorame...

• Like it 1

Arzo is so tragic even the anti-AEK commentators called him out. Error prone and slow as s%$#!. 

Also Poyiet made a mistake leaving Galo in there. Galo has a problem with Rodriguez and it was really serious in the first match. I think in the second half he should have made substitutions earlier so that the threats on the wings were taken care of.