Phantis Forums

Pantelis Hatzidiakos ‒ Cagliari

Greekaroos

I agree but Retsos best position is centre back. He looks more comfortable there as well. Hatzidiakos and Mavropanos are level in my opinion in terms of ability. While Retsos is better than both. We will get more out of Bakakis or Kivrakidis at right back. Stafylidis can play there also. 

• 5 months later...

Hearing good things, but we are so bottom heavy on this team that it is very hard earning a callup as a CB. Could be a good opportunity to give him a nod in the coming games seeing Retsos and Kyriakos Papadopoulos will be out injured.

agreed, considering we have injuries but also Skibbe doesn't like Siovas so Hatzidiakos could be a nice replacement. but oh well, he'll go for Tzavellas. u-21 have an important away game vs czech republic so I think losing all of galanopoulos, limnios, mavropanos and hatzidiakos would be a huge blow. heck, they could even have donis and retsos there and they would be powerful. 

Even though I'd like all of them to be a part of our next squad so we can integrate them quickly, I unfortunately predict only galanopoulos will be there. 

Edited by Boxou

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
On 1/19/2016 at 4:22 PM, Rockafeller Skank said:

Noone knows , doubt anyone follows Alkmaar's youth games. He s only played one game with the top team and I think he went in as a sub. Also he has two nationalities , Netherlands too  can play him. Generally , Netherlands have it hard with Defenders, so Im pretty sure if he is anything decent it might be a lost cause.

This didn’t age well

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, AchillesHeel said:

Yeah. I kinda already prefer him over Manolas and Sokratis whose limited abilities should be used mainly for man-marking. He is already better than both with the ball and he will continue to get better....more experience should help him with positioning and covering players.

Yes I agree. He can cover. Did you see the goal line clearance he made when Paschalakis was out of position? I don’t want to get ahead of myself but I don’t believe he is the future... I believe he is the now! 

Let's not get carried away with him,  he is still learning.  There is a reason why Manolas is considered one of the best in Europe. Sokratis is also highly valued even as he ages.  He looked good but also was partially responsible for that goal. If Dzeko would have played, would he have been able to handle him? Potential is there but needs more time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hatzidiakos was carried of the field with a stretcher today in the Europa League game against Partizan. Looked like he hurt his knee but I don’t know how serious this is. Sometimes you see awful fouls or injuries that give you goose bumps. This wasn’t. Anyway hope it is nothing serious. 

• Sad 1

Correct. He will be out the rest of the season. And he did so wel. 20 apps for AZ this season and 4 for the Ethniki. 

Perastika, Panteli!

FYI: Good to know that AZ has more youngsters that recovered well after a severe injury (Boadu and Stengs). Hope the same goes for Hadzidiakos.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • Dutch Eagle changed the title to Pantelis Hatzidiakos ‒ AZ
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Dutch Eagle changed the title to Pantelis Hatzidiakos ‒ Cagliari