Phantis Forums

Pas Giannina vs AEK

Original 21

It waa raining pretty hard for 2 straight days so that wouldn't have helped either

Bravo to Anesti also for the penalty save, big moment and probably saved the game for us at that moment.

Then people cry foul that we are getting help from refs lol 2 weeks 2 penalties against us, but brilliant keeping on both occasions

I too want to congratulate Anesti. BUT its clear to me now that what he lacks is clearly a matter of psychology. When he is put in a situation where there are relatively small expectations, he thrives. You expect a goalie to get scored on after a penalty 90% of the time, I feel like knowing that, Anesti was able to thrive. When there is pressure on him though, like coming out for a corner (a play he should save more than 90% of the time) he fails. I think these saves came at a great time as we will see against PAOK what he is made of when his psychology is at an all time high. I hope he does well, because I can't lie, he still make me nervous. 

But today is his day. Also Barbosa and Johanson have been insane these last few weeks. I'm so glad Barbosa is proving me right in thinking that he will perform better this year. The AEK365 crew are eating their words.