Phantis Forums

Florida

Tzatziki

• 8 months later...

The republican politicians I don't think like Trump so much, none of them supported him during his lead up to the white house way back. They simply are against anything democrat even if they don't necessarily like Trump. The media has been putting the idea out there even before the elections of a possible non peaceful transfer of power and that was curious, no one I know or had seen or spoken with ever mentioned the thought or brought it up at all. The media planted the seed and it grew I feel. But obviously it could never have happened without the work of the fat sleazy orange bastard.

This is the kind of thing you expect to see in other countries, to see it happen in Washington is...shocking. Maybe, things are worse than we think, one thing for sure, this was ugly, bold and things need to change, the cause needs to be addressed and not just return to business as usual. Because if there is a next time it will surely be much worse.

This poor manatee and animals in general are not involved, lets leave them out of this. I can't wait to visit florida again, totally serious I need some crazy in my life this lockdown is dulling me out.

Man, Florida is too hot & humid most of the year, though it was nice when I visited in Jan or Feb many years ago. I hope one day soon I'll sail/boat down the Eastern seaboard to the Keys, Dry Tortugas, Bahamas, Caribbean, etc.

• Like it 1

20 hours ago, athinaios said:

Man, Florida is too hot & humid most of the year, though it was nice when I visited in Jan or Feb many years ago. I hope one day soon I'll sail/boat down the Eastern seaboard to the Keys, Dry Tortugas, Bahamas, Caribbean, etc.

You got a boat?

I was thinking of my next one that will be big enough to do that comfortably and safely. I was also thinking of a trawler type of boat, slow, heavy, but with great fuel efficiency and roomy, so something in the 35-foot range. You can do it with smaller but I'm talking about having protected "saloon",  bathroom, kitchenette, AC, etc. The FL to Bahamas is 50 miles. Sailing and trawlers/tugs boats go about 5-7 knots (6-8mph), depending on current which can be up to 2 mph, burning 1.5-3.5 gph, where speed boats can go 25-40 mph, but they burn 20-60 gph (that's gallons per hour).

My 21footer burns .75gph at 7-8 mph, inboard diesel engine. I can push it to 10-12mph. It's great for day trips, rivers, lakes, near coast.

• Like it 1