Phantis Forums

Hip hop music

Tzatziki

Rednecks and racists heads would explode if this ever happened! :grin:

Petition Calls for "Dipset Anthem" to Replace the National Anthem

dipset-live-bet-awards-2010

The petition has 3,149 signatures as of this writing, out of its stated goal of 10,000,000. You can add your name by going here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2016 at 7:21 AM, BostonThanatos said:

Trap music is not hip hop.  It's like if hip hop had a cousin, and that cousin adopted a retarded, deaf kid....that retarded deaf kid is Trap.

3 hours ago, Tzatziki said:

Trap is generally the worst of the worst of recent music trends. 10000 garbage acts for every good one.

I agree 100%.  My uncle in Greece sent me that through Facebook....like I said it kinda grew on me but it still annoys me.  Does that even make sense?

6 hours ago, ThrylosG7 said:

Id rather listen to my neighbor hang a s%$#! instead of that crap

I have a feeling this is an Australian expression lol.  I agree, it is crap.  But the ridiculousness of the video sucked me in hahaha....plus the fact that they're from the "Ghetto of Salonika", Dendropotamos,   intrigued me.

Edited by BostonThanatos

On this very day, in 1998, Andre 3000 and Big Boi, the duo that make up the mighty Outkast, released in my opinion one of the finest albums ever in the art of rap. If you area hip hop head and hav not heard it, this is required listening and you might have more than one eargasms in the process.

Aquemini is the third studio album by American hip hop duo OutKast, released on September 29, 1998 through LaFace Records. The title is a portmanteau of the two performers' Zodiac signs: Aquarius (Big Boi) and Gemini (André 3000), which is indicative of the album's recurring theme of the differing personalities of the two members. The group recorded the majority of the album in Bobby Brown's Bosstown Recording Studios and Doppler Studios, both in Atlanta, Georgia.

Released as the follow-up to the duo's 1996 album ATLiens, Aquemini expands on the previous record's outer space-inspired compositions by incorporating live instrumentation. The commercial success of ATLiens allowed for more creative freedom for the group, which led to the members self-producing the majority of the tracks. The band employed a large number of musicians for the album, who frequently entered and exited the studio throughout the recording process and had a major influence on the writing development of the album's songs. Lyrically, Aquemini explores various themes including human nature, addiction, and interpersonal relationships.

The album was certified platinum in November 1998, only two months after its release, and was certified double platinum on July 2, 1999 by the Recording Industry Association of America. Aquemini peaked at number two on both the Billboard 200 and the Top R&B/Hip-Hop charts. Four of the album's tracks had already or would later become singles, although some were limited (promotional) releases and not available commercially. The record also received rave reviews from music critics, who praised the album's musicality and unique lyrical themes. It was ranked at number 500 in the book version of Rolling Stone's 500 Greatest Albums of All Time.

wikipedia

/\

That's why the albums have parental advisory labels, the content is not always sunshine and lollipops...is this supposed to be news to anyone at this point?? It is similar to language, violence or sexual content in R movies...

Shout out to the legend Nate Dogg though! Truly an exceptional and one of a kind artist in the game.

10 hours ago, aek66 said:

right...that's how life is? was this your life growing up in a greek household in canada? what part of the urban black usa experience did you experience in the slums of toronto or montreal?

you like hip-hop's message and you watch new age tv where educated white people write scripts for black actors and you believe that's how urban usa blacks speak and behave. living in the usa, i can assure you that tv flatters them.

#oscarssowhite...poor hollywood has portrayed black presidents, nsa heads, cops, 'super/magical-negro' characters from movies like 'the green mile' and 'the legend of bagger vance' and the afro-americans still say hollywood is racist because blacks should always be nominated for an oscar, regardless of preformance/work.

You don't know me dude, but you are welcome to keep chirping, chatty Patty.

Dame-Dash-Breakfast-Club.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/11/2016 at 4:56 PM, Lamiara ole said:

Why did I always think that this kind of music was intended for monkeys and not for humans? 

If I had to venture a guess I would say you think the way you do because you have some form of mental defect that causes you to think the way you do.

Sorry, but I'm with Lamiara on this one.  95% of rap is so bad.  Devoid of originality.  I swear give me 2 weeks and a basic music computer program and I could come up with rap songs that sound like 95% of them.

Can you imagine if we had the technology to somehow resurrect a Beethoven or a Mozart, and we said to them "There is a type of music these days, very popular, have a listen".  I can imagine the reactions.  Nooooooo!  Kill me now!  Why did you wake me!