Phantis Forums

Hip hop music

Tzatziki

• 3 weeks later...

I grew up DJing in the early 90's.  I was a rapper and producer throughout the 90's and early 2000's.  This s%$#! is not hip hop.  Phife Dawg passed away yesterday.  Here's Hip Hop:

Trap music is not hip hop.  It's like if hip hop had a cousin, and that cousin adopted a retarded, deaf kid....that retarded deaf kid is Trap.

Edited by BostonThanatos
  • Like it 1

Tribe are legends, RIP Phife  -_-

Trap got old very fast, but I don't really care for compartmentalizing music, if it speaks to you then that's all that matters.  :tup:

I grew up DJing in the early 90's.  I was a rapper and producer throughout the 90's and early 2000's.  This s%$#! is not hip hop.  Phife Dawg passed away yesterday.  Here's Hip Hop:

Trap music is not hip hop.  It's like if hip hop had a cousin, and that cousin adopted a retarded, deaf kid....that retarded deaf kid is Trap.

Where did you dj and why don't you bless us with a nice mini play list of your go to jams from your dj days if you have the time and motivation? Any tribe fan is bound to have good taste in my book.

• Like it 1

I did house parties and stuff. Mixtapes in high school etc.  I'll give you a playlist that'll give you an idea of whaat I'm into.  Party jams not included. Those are obvious.  I'll give you the soundtrack to my teenage life:

Big Pun: Beware

Mobb Deep: Shook Ones

Big L: MVP

Jay Z: Friend or Foe

Notorious BIG: Who Shot Ya

Gang Starr: The Dwyck

Wu Tang: CREAM

Method Man: Bring the Pain

ODB: Brooklyn Zoo

Gravediggaz: SUICIDE

Tribe Called Quest: Bonita Applebom

Fugees: Fugee-La

House of Pain: Jump

• Like it 2

Quentin Miller (the guy Meek outted as a Drake ghost writer) claimed last week that Niki's bf was salty because he (QM) refused to ghost write for Meek, and Meek's entourage assaulted him at a Nike store.