Phantis Forums

Thanasis Papazoglou ‒ (Now Playing for Thermaikos)

Greekaroos

Thanasis Papazoglou whom has scored 5 goals from 20 appearances at K.V. Kortrijk so far let his team down with a straight red card in the 25th minute against Club Brugge which ended in a 1-4 home loss. Michalis Sifakis remained on the bench & yet to make a league appearance for K.V. Kortrijk.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ordinary in terms of skill but he can and is doing a job in Belgium. He is tall and strong but lacks football smarts from what I recall.

He should be on the radar for the Ethniki at least as a backup forward. Against the poorer teams (Australia etc) he can be a target man. Credit to him for getting out of his comfort zone and playing outside of Greece.

His goal scoring form in Belgium is similar to what it was in greece...

he struggled at the bigger clubs PAOK and Oly...demands are higher and he fell short..

at 28 he should be in his prime...

I feel the serious knee injury at Aris cost him...

He has no place in the NT.....  Mitro, Karelis, Klaus, Diamantakos are all better...

He would be easy pickings for the Australian defenders.......he is tall and slow as you say...with limited  skill.... perfect for the aussies...

The other 4 are the type of strikers that could/would on their day hurt a lot of defences...

• 1 month later...

He's scoring more goals in Belgium than he ever did in Greece. Very limited player but he showed a good touch to set up a teammate for a goal too.

He reminds me a lot of Stavros Labriakos (ex-Aris, Apollon Ath, Skoda) in physique and style.

He should probably be 5th or 6th in line for the Ethniki. Better players ahead of him in contention I think (Mitro, Karelis, Klaus, Bakasetas, Diamantakos).

Sifakis is a decent Keeper and deserves to be pushing Karnezis for the no. 1 as long as he's playing regularly. I question his motivation though. Hasn't settled at a club since Euro 2012. If he plays out this season he should be selected for the Ethniki. Kapino is not ready yet.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Nikitas changed the title to Thanasis Papazoglou - Roda JC ◄ KV Kortrijk
  • Argy changed the title to Thanasis Papazoglou ‒ Dinamo București
  • Dutch Eagle changed the title to Thanasis Papazoglou ‒ (Now Playing for Thermaikos)
  • Dutch Eagle locked this topic