Phantis Forums

Europa League 2015-2016

Tzatziki

panathinaikos played anderlecht in the insition of champions league in 1992.

red star anderlecht sampdoria were in this s group .

you wanna talk budgets ???????

anderlecht :

marc degryse

luc nilis

phil de wilde

danny boffin

peter van vossen

phillipe albert

crasson

who did pao have ?

pao totally outplayed them in oaka and hit the post 3 times

saravakos?when he was 30

warzycha

wantzik to name a few.

red star( year before won champions cup)

savicevic

pancev

bolic

ivic

belodedici

mihalhovic

in an era befire the embargo when yugoslavia was one

sampdoria

mancini

vialli

viecowood

pagliuca

katanec

lanna

pao managed 4 draws against megathiria

in those times . Back then there was less money but there was 3 foreignet rule

you like to memtion budgets but these days there is no restriction on the foreign rule

panathinaikos had chris kalantzis

louie hristodolou from australia

varzycha borelli and vantzik

only 3 could play on the pitch at one time

more validity of getting 4 draws

today you played with how many foreigners on the pitch starting lineup

give us back the 3 foreigners rule and puss this farcical restriction of trade they deem on the jean marc bosman rulling which has destroyed world football. Budgets are an excuse.

Put the onus that 10 locals must start on a pitch in europe and only then you will see stronger national teams and smaller countries winning european club comps. uefa has too much money and only cares about sponsorship snd seekng the rated teams in finals not cinderella teams

to hell with that

i will and i will say this again olympiakos kai ton kathe olympiakos has nothing on anderlecht and anderlechts history. Not even paos history is nowhere near the belgiums pedigree

lets just agree that greek soccer sux dogs balls and it includes all greek teams

Edited by Spirtto13

Disappointing but also eye opening.  When the fixture was announced many assumed Olympiakos would go through.  Many others thought that it would be a tough contest but ultimately Olympiakos would prevail, myself included.  If the game was played again, does anyone think the result would be any different ?

My logic sided with Anderlecht to win in a close 2 games. I was correct.

Olympiakos WILL get better at europa league, just like how they are pretty decent at champions league.

We all remember the years that Oly would choke in CL. Same situation in Europa, just need some time to get their swagger.

Also this game was really decided on 4-5 lucky inches for anderlecht. Oly could've scored 4-5.

I think we also need to accept that the state of the Greek league is also playing a huge part here, why is it every year olympiakos can pull off huge results in the early stages of the CL? Wins over Arsenal, Juve, athletic Madrid etc don't lie, I believe it's because the players are switched on because it's the early stages of the league, the problem is when the title is all but won in December the players treat the league games like training sessions, sure they try hard but the pressure is off, they can muck around and know even if a result goes against them they are so far in front they have nothing to worry about, switching from easy relaxed league mode to cutthroat European action mode is a major step up and now very regularly this team seems to get caught with its pants pulled down around February because they aren't prepared for the step up in intensity and pressure that accompanies European football.

• Like it 1

The other teams need to lift and put up more of a challenge, the standard of today's 3-0 over Veroia was about 6 levels below Europa league level, training run intensity and players able to get away with poor technique. Anderlecht would be winning the same match by 5 goals without trying.