Phantis Forums

Ex-players & staff

Euro2004

Christain Karembeau has supposedly signed a contract with Arsenal to work as a scout. I remember rumours suggesting that he'd sign as a director of football with Olympiakos. Oh well. I suppose this will be good for Greek football though, I assume Karembeau still has links with Greece so he'll be able to draw attention to some of our top class prospects: Torosidis, Ninis, Soiledis, etc.

• 3 months later...

I was checking around a little about our boy Nery Castillo. Poor guy, things really been a mess for him after leaving Olympiakos. He's not even been on the bench of his team Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk (on loan from Shaktar Donetsk) since September.

The guy is desperate to get some playtime to be even considered for Mexico in the World Cup. Some rumours now and then link him with a move to Mexico. But he's put the Mexican league down when interviewed about it previously. So maybe it's a case of pride for him to stay in Europe

What is obvious for all invloved, he can't stay longer in Ukraine and rott away in depression. I for one would be interested to see what could happen if he were to be loaned back to us, is that even possible?

I understand he's not match fit at the moment. He would have to start as a sub in less crucial games with smaller teams in the Superliga. The Castillio of old would be an awesome addition to the team. We could be much more dangerous in attack than we are now.

Just a thought ;)

I was checking around a little about our boy Nery Castillo. Poor guy, things really been a mess for him after leaving Olympiakos. He's not even been on the bench of his team Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk (on loan from Shaktar Donetsk) since September.

The guy is desperate to get some playtime to be even considered for Mexico in the World Cup. Some rumours now and then link him with a move to Mexico. But he's put the Mexican league down when interviewed about it previously. So maybe it's a case of pride for him to stay in Europe

What is obvious for all invloved, he can't stay longer in Ukraine and rott away in depression. I for one would be interested to see what could happen if he were to be loaned back to us, is that even possible?

I understand he's not match fit at the moment. He would have to start as a sub in less crucial games with smaller teams in the Superliga. The Castillio of old would be an awesome addition to the team. We could be much more dangerous in attack than we are now.

Just a thought ;)

He had it all in Greece and I was shocked when he decided not to represent the Greece NT. It all seemed down hill from there. He was loved in Greece by the Olympiakos fans and the media. But by leaving the Greek league and chosing Mexico he severed all ties with Greek football.

As a result I honestly can't see a way back for him in Greek football now. His poor state/condition rules him out of Olymp and PAO, I think I can also remember him falling out with Bajevic, so AEK is a no go. PAOK and Aris may be possible destinations if he wants to go, but I have a feeling we'll never se him in Greek football again until he hits 32, loses his pace and signs for Panthrakikos.

• 5 years later...

Not sure if we already have a similar topic, if we do can the mods kindly merge them?

Nemeth's strike was recently voted goal of the year in the MLS, video in the link:

http://www.sportingkc.com/post/2015/12/03/sporting-kc-forward-krisztian-nemeth-wins-2015-att-goal-year

Also apparently Roma is looking to loan Afellay from Stoke.

http://www.sport24.gr/football/omades/Roma/roma-gia-afelai.3801266.html

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

No, that makes no sense, if we can't sell him for $$ we can at least loan him out. He is reportedly on the way out though according to news reports.

Edited by Tzatziki

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Premier League: 10 talking points from this weekend’s action

3296.jpg?w=1920&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&

Now Crystal Palace are feeling the benefits of Allardyce’s canny transfer work. Mamadou Sakho, on loan from Liverpool, has been superb in the middle of defence and Luka Milivojevic has been inspired in central midfield since signing from Olympiakos. “There’s no doubt the transfer market has been a massive influence,” Allardyce said after the shock win against Chelsea. “Our selection of players, as you saw today, have done exceptionally good, and that’s made a difference.”

• 2 months later...

"Στην Beijing Guoan ο Ζαρντίμ με μυθικό συμβόλαιο"

jardim.jpg

Σύμφωνα με δημοσίευμα της "A BOLA", ο Λεονάρντο Ζαρντίμ ήρθε σε συμφωνία με την Beijing Guoan για τριετές συμβόλαιο έναντι 12.000.000 ευρώ ετησίως!