Phantis Forums

Hellas Vs Socceroos In June. Two Matches Hopefully.

ausgreek

For those in melbourne the greek nt will be training at lakeside stadium straight after the south melbourne v northcote match on sunday..should be a good day and now probably our biggest crowd of the season. The npl match starts at 4 so im guessing the training session will be around 6.30pm

You think Australia is the only one getting money from these friendlies ?

They decided it together and a portion of the winnings goes to the Greek EPO.

According to this comment you clearly do not exactly know how corrupted the Greek Association is , despite not living under a rock.

of course EPO are getting a cut....  there is absolutely no way they would come here without a decent fee...

it is not in their interests nor the players to come so far without being rewarded..

They would much rather have played a friendly v Latvia or Wales etc..and saved the trip..( and i don;y want to hear blah blah about the diaspora)...if we were playing Wales or Latvia many of the players that are 'unavailable' would be playing....this is a holiday trip..

So its the FFA and promoters who promised them the fee...they are to blame for ticketing...they wanted Greece...Greece did not want them...

Dissapointing to read the hfc Melbourne ultras page on FB bagging out Sydney Greeks for not many people turning up to the airport, sort of arrogance is a turn of, it's not a competition.

Edited by Greekoz

"They dont come here every year." Of course they dont. its a day's trip. The only reason they came is probably due to the economical situation, the only possible fans that we ll get in the next World Cup will be from outside Greece. Probably same thing happened at WC Brazil as well. Besides Australia was pretty close.

They need to keep their fans and followers happy. But so much money for a C Greek team is a rip off. They no longer are a top 10 European Nation (neither at ranking and probably neither at reality) so they shouldn't think of themselves as such.

Yeh don't see the point in such negativity, the only reason I'm not going is cos I went 10 years ago, saw my heroes in the flesh and put it down as a once in a lifetime thing, I'll see the current group train on Sunday which is something at least, plus it's a great opportunity for Sydney Greeks who missed out last time. Make the most of this cos you may not see the Greek nt here again for decades.

Reaper we went down and started signing and everyone looked at us like we were some crazy lunatics, no one gave a s%$#! so I screamed out sing you duds and again nothing.

Last night was 1000000 times better with just Original Sydney welcoming our boys

But to those bagging the attendance which I will admit was poor, it wasn't announced so very hard to get people there when nothing is announced...

Today they train at Homebush from .30 onwards open session for fans

Im still buzzing from last night  boys lol the bets part was the arabs in the airport freaked when they saw us walking through like we owned the place, they even took videos of us, then when we left I saw one of them at the servo and he goes to me "mate you cunts are F***en mad" hahahaha

• Like it 1

He's been there over 10 years man and very powerful too as he's in the PL committee...

Did you do the new change rooms or the old ones?

I wont make the session as im working but will hopefully see the boys tonight once they're done... Yes the Socceroos are also one after them and you are right they Greeks should've been after the Aussies since they had their open day yesterday

Edited by Original Sydney

So Nick you are doing our new dressing rooms, if any window cracks on me I know who to look for hahahahahah

OH yeah re Aravidis is something else man, I msgd him before he took off from Greece and he gave me all the flight details, he kissed every single one of us when he came out of customs, true legend I have to say.....

Its 3.30 it cant be 7 because the Aussies are on after them so they surely wont be training at 9pm....

• Like it 1

OH they may even be doing it on purpose, they told us there was 2 hotels they were staying at the first night we went airport, who knows but whoever has brought them out could've given ALL the fans some details and not kept secret, what's the use of bringing them if their own fans cant see them?

We're at the stadium and security have told us it's only open to Media. Consistently. People are being knocked back. What is your source stating its open for public? ANZ Control centre said they're only letting media in for 5 minutes and then closing it. So frustrating!