Phantis Forums

Hellas Vs Socceroos In June. Two Matches Hopefully.

ausgreek

The fans are in the know, in that the 'Pirates' bombed out on the Euros for 2016, lost to faroe Is. 'twice', and if Fortounis, Mitro, Manolas,Karelis etc don't come, they don't deserve a full house. People don't go out to an event, pay through the nose for parking, food, tickets, yobbos, rain etc. for any less than top product. I will watch on Fox. When they come again in 5 years, they better have a top side or I'll watch on tv again. Don't give a toss. I can't wait to go for a holiday to Greece though, that's different.

Keep in mind, with every year kids are born here, the 3rd-4th generation kids of Greek heritage, won't care too much about the team of their forefathers, unless they carry themselves as winners.

Edited by ausgreek

Relax mr australia (ausgreek), your national team is s%$#! and its called socceroos like seriously wtf.

Your ffa promoted the game as if greece was coming to play ppl payed good money to watch them only to find out 80% of the main players are on holidays so another scam by your ffa to make money from australian tax payers.

• Like it 1

Yes and Pirates are happy to oblige as they will make money out of it, and they need it mr Smart ass! As Greek as you bud, just not go to watch anything blindly. Who are you, mr Greece. There are other Greeks on here Greeker than you. I would like to see pirates get up.

Edited by ausgreek

And I respect your opinion Nick. Your call on what you do with your hard earned. I wish they would play the friendly in August where it is close to competition again and the Pirates would play their top team-maybe. Let me put it this way, if you went to see say, your favourite rock band and four of the six musos stayed home, would you pay to go and watch them? 

Fair call again, no free kick there. ok. imagine you go watch One Direction say, and Zayn baby isn't part of it, would you go?r Your at the bike races to see Valentino Rossi race, but he has a trip to Monaco he won't cancel and his team member is representing their team. Still going, really?  Ok, Remos doesn't come out but instead, you get Sakis Rouvas/Tziolis as substitute. What happens?

Edited by ausgreek

People blaming a guy not falling for this scum in this forum? This is so funny.

You guys dont live in Greece to know from up-close how corrupt the Greek football federation is. AusGreek I wouldn't go either. I heard how ridiculous the prices are , however im not familiar with the average income of an Australian so I can't connect them. Yet the numbers seemed to big for a friendly match between the b-teams of Greece and Australia.

Boythes, I love the fact we All have the Ethniki's best interests at heart., also that we are all Greeks. Don't schedule friendlies in June or early July. Players have been beaten from pillar to post all season. A long season mind you. I'm surprised anyone came here. Schedule in late July or more-so August, or don't bother. I will not fall for the cash grab.

Organisations don't realize people are starting to Not fall for this. Sokrati had to have his arm twisted to come here. Then, the media have the hide to say that people don't want to watch football in Sydney. My toned ass they don't, give me something real and I'll go and watch it.

yep...the blame for the ticket prices lies squarely with FFA and the promoters...this has nothing to do with EPO or greece..

Spot on, they thought because they struck gold 10 years ago they could do it again, clearly the ffa failed to realise that the mcg match was a once in a lifetime event with most of the euro 04 team coming out with otto combined with Australia qualifying for its first World Cup in decades. People have caught onto these friendly matches for exactly what they are and that's meaningless, sure people will love to go if reasonable priced, but the prices are in insult.

The promoters who bought out olympiakos to Melbourne were similarly delusional, expecting 40k yet only managed to sell 8k tickets, they gave away a further 8k freebies the week before the game and the match was played in an empty stadium.

I'd only pay big bucks to watch a major tournament match to be honest.

England have world class facilities where they don't play a minor sport like rugby league hours before the England National Team play in the same venue.

Only in Australia do "we" relegate our soccer team to second class status. The field will be a mess by Saturday.

They host American football matches (or Football to Americans), sometimes a week before Internationals at Wembley.

I guess all over Football Associations are trying to squeeze the last drop of money out of venues.

That is very presumptive to suggest we do not know how corrupt Greek Football is, do you think we live under a rock?

Not sure what the Greek Federation would have to do with ticket prices for an Australian Home International either....

The Australian Federation used the Greek population here to gouge people so they can make money, and it has backfired somewhat as the stadium fits 80k and they would be lucky to get 60k

We all know why certain players havent come - Injuries/Long seasons/Wanting to rest up, whatever it may be, play a part

You think Australia is the only one getting money from these friendlies ?

They decided it together and a portion of the winnings goes to the Greek EPO.

According to this comment you clearly do not exactly know how corrupted the Greek Association is , despite not living under a rock.

And I wasnt trying to point out that you guys are stupid an thats why you dont know how things run at Greece.

The difference is that we live these things every day and they ve literally become part of our daily routine. Everywhere , Media, between people , such things are discussed. I doubt such a thing happens in Australia.

Wow are people seriously whinging over ticket prices? F*** me your NT doesn't come here every year.

Anyway I was at the airport last night, poor crowd attendance but I got photos with who I wanted, the players looked exhausted, went by their Hotel after also and they were really good sitting down signing our things, taking photos and all, great time.

• Like it 3

OH I know mate they didn't announce much and I did hear they were told not to announce it.

Today they have lunch at Alpha so they may train at night closed session, tomorrow they have a harbour cruise with media only then an open session at Homebush for fans, guessing that will late afternoon about 5 or 6