Phantis Forums

Hellas Vs Socceroos In June. Two Matches Hopefully.

ausgreek

The grass is going to be a mess by Saturday for the match. For anyone who ends up watching it outside of Australia, don't be surprised to see a field with patches of paint and clumps of uneven turf.

They are playing a sport called Rugby League in the same stadium that Australia v Greece. No country in the world does this.

So not only is Greece playing with their B team, they have to out up with a pitch that will resemble a horafi.

England have world class facilities where they don't play a minor sport like rugby league hours before the England National Team play in the same venue.

Only in Australia do "we" relegate our soccer team to second class status. The field will be a mess by Saturday.

• Like it 1

The match could of been scheduled at Alliance stadium. Anz gets crappy after State of Origin.  Its not even a legit series, its where you played your League up to 13 years old. Befors it was up to 17. What a joke but people jump right in on that. Its State of where you feel like playing, just ask Greg Inglis and Israel Folau etc etc etc.

Mate I heard 6am Friday and today got told they may arrive tomorrow night as they leave Greece this afternoon, one of our guys will speak to Dimitriadis to get their numbers and flight details, but im guessing they'll be on an emirates flight since the rest are coming with Emirates now

Edited by Original Sydney

I'm going to think 60k in Sydney and 45k in Melbourne, apparently ticket sales have been slow and the ffa have been forced to slash prices in an attempt to fill the stadiums, either way it won't be the financial windfall the federation was hoping.

The interest and ticket sales is being focused on Greece as a draw card by a lot of bigoted anti-Greeks.

If the matches are not a sellout or close to, then the failure is on Australia as a team and not Greece.

So idiots will go watch Bangladesh or Jordan but not a former Euro champion nation?

Btw I never bothered making the effort back in 2006 to watch the match in Melbourne as I could see that Greek players were here as tourists. I don't get that feeling this time around even if our best 7/8 players aren't playing.