Phantis Forums

Hellas Vs Socceroos In June. Two Matches Hopefully.

ausgreek

That is the latest. Interesting match-ups and final scores. Bring on that shite. This should wake some up from a coma. 

Fortounis v Luongo, Mitropanos vs Cahill, Tzioli/Pirlo v Jedinak, Pelkas v Leckie. Anti Australian posters on forum v pro Australian posters on forum etc.

It's blatantly obvious there are older ex-NSL supporters of teams like Sydney Olympic or South Melbourne that find the new A League as plastic, cause these and other teams were not seen as the way to go forward in this new league. A League is a whole of Australia approach to soccer, I even like Sydney Oly, but majority population didn't buy into NSL, so other sports continued to get the largest slices of the pie with sponsorships, tv revenues and supporters. So it is more important FFA make Spiro and Con happy and keep Olympic and Melb Hellas, Branko can be happy with Melbourne Croatia being in and Giafancalo who supports Marconi Stallions of Italian background all representing Australian soccer. Play matches with no lighting or at places like king tomislav park.

Residents in Aus need to keep buying into the new A League as it is still tough, yet is making strides with all it's challenges in this market.  

the problem is that that ALeague fans are missing the bigger picture of world football....and suddenly think Aussie soccer is more successful than it really is.....and that the ALeague is some sort of great league..

However if they look at the football landscape over recent years they will realise that their achievements are not that great compared to what is happening around the globe...smaller minnow nations are also taking strides...

Iceland and Albania in Euro 2016.

Teams from Belarus, Kazakhstan,  in UCL taking points of highly rated opponents.....Cypriot teams making UCL and APOEL were a QFinalist..

Albanian and Azeri clubs made Europa League group stages Albos beat S.Lisbon 3-0..

these results would not have been spoken about 10 years ago...

and the ALeague junkies get excited about 34yo Spanish second division players playing here getting a superannuation payout..

it's their ignorance that;s annoying..

BACK ON TOPIC....

I HAVE NOT SEEN THESE GAMES ADVERTISED OR MENTIONED IN LOCAL MEDIA

ALSO..LET'S GET ONE THING CLEAR..........................HELLAS V ROOS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH NSL V A LEAGUE...ANY SUCH DEBATE BEING DRAGGED INTO THESE MATCHES IS BEYOND MORONIC

Edited by RED SHERIFF
  • Like it 1

I hate how quick A League fans are to use the term 'euro-snob.' I'm sorry but I cannot bring myself to give money to plastic club in a plastic league where profit is the federation's only concern. I trust you've been following the recent debacle surrounding the FFA's decision to not stick by it's fan's; the people who without them there is no game, but instead ban over 100 of them from attending games.

All the while they have the biased media (who have publicly stated that association football is the least favourite sporting code) label these fans (a lot of them from the Western Sydney, an area heavily populated by Muslim people) as 'suburban terrorists' and liken them to those that committed atrocities in Paris. What an absolute joke, I will not support such a federation who allows these things.

• Like it 1

Umm, Roly Bonevacia said A League is superior to Eredivisie. lol, I'll take the opinion of an experienced player of both leagues over euro-snobbery. Owned.

I give that as much credibility as Kristian Nemeths recent interview when he said words to the  affect the GSLis his preferred European League???

Do you really believe Bonevacia believes it?   He plays in New Zealand???

not sure what this new term 'euro snob' really means...is it meant to be offensive created by the summer soccer beer drinkers?

Edited by RED SHERIFF
  • Like it 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

From what I have heard they've only allocated 3 bays for Greek fans, if that's true then they truly are malakes.....

Airport and training are a must!!!!!!!

As for the dogs, every year I have expectations this year I haven't even seen our team or our friendlies, trying reverse psychology to see if that works hahaha we need a premiership this year because if not Des wont have the accolades he has been getting all these years