Phantis Forums

Bayern Munich - Olympiakos (November 24, Allianz Arena, Munich)

Antaeus7

Too bad we could not get a result for the thousands of travelling fans, but we still hold on to second place and I don't think Arsenal will take it from us in Karaiskaki December 9th.  

Best player for us Ideye, worst Masuaku. Our back four seemed very pedestrian, given Bayern were playing with 4-5 forwards but they just seemed to lack urgency or will when marking in our box.

Link to goals:

http://www.sport24.gr/football/ChampionsLeague/apo-allo-planhth-h-mpagern-4-0-ton-olympiako.3787807.html

Edited by Tzatziki

The only way Arsenal will advance is to beat us by 2 goals or better, or beat us by one goal with 3 goals or greater. 

For example, if Arsenal beat Olympiakos in Greece 3-2, that will tie it up on aggregate. So the second tiebreaker come to play where Arsenal have a better goal difference than Olympiakos. 

All I have to say is, please avoid losing at all cost. 

Look, such games are expected, that's why you take care of the other games, as Oly has done so far. It'll come down to the game at Karaiskaki, which actually it's a great thing. Let the best team go forward.

But, don't expect Arsenal to be the same team you beat in the first leg.

Unfortunately, the gap between the very rich teams (like Arsenal) and the rest of is getting wider. A few million euros difference in the budget probably isn't the determining factor, but the gap is in the many tens of millions.  The half a dozen big teams can spend for 1 player as another team spends for an entire roster.  Even in Greece it's evident, when Indeye costs more than the budget of entire teams.

As for your game against Arsenal, I don't know what the best strategy would be. Try to not lose or try to score at least once? Tonight, I thought your defense didn't do well, not because of the 4 but too many mistakes. If this is repeated, Arsenal will plenty of chances to score. I think you should demonstrate power; they must respect you (and fear you) since you beat them at their home. If you appear weak, they'll step all over you.

• Like it 4

Olympiakos simply have to play for the win, you can't bunker down on the edge of the box and allow Ozil, Sanchez etc to play around the box for 90 minutes, they will create and score.

We know Arsenal must score 2 goals to have any chance of advancing, that small buffer should be used to come out and attack and chase that goal that will make the task incredibly tough for them. Now if it's somehow 0-0 in the 75th minute by all means shut the game down knowing Arsenal must score twice, but the start is the important part, they must show intent.

I would actually prefer us in the Europa, we have a very slim chance of winning that. CL we have no chance imo.

We never do well in Europa, we have always done better in CL , plus you can't compare the difference in prize money, it's a joke. Tsoulou all the way IMO.

• Like it 1

This is a great place to be, because, no matter what, the team wil have several euro games left. The gap between the rich teams and the rest is very wide. Only by some miracle lesser teams can break through. Yes, you'll make good money getting to the 16 for 2 games, but realistically that would be it. In the Europa you probably play more that 2 games, so even if the money is less you get more games and showcasing your brand in a greater market. This also gives incentives to good players to come to Oly and this shitty Greek league.

• Like it 1