Phantis Forums

Giovanni Silva de Oliveira

dave

Vanitas vanitatum omnia vanitas...

Bah, it is obvious, to those who believe, that God put in this world beautiful things to be enjoyed. Just read the Genesis where he sees that this and that are good.

In addition, the first recorded miracle by Jesus is the water that is transformed in good wine. From all these things we can safely conclude that:

- those who refuse to drink commit the sin of pride in spades

- those who can and refuse to drink good wine overlook the divine guidance

- those who refuse to appreciate the finer things in life are offending God by turning down his gifts, Exactly like those who commit suicide.

In particular, those who deny themselves the pleasure of rejoicing when footballers play entertaining, imaginative soccer, have consumed and retained so much partisan poison that everything, including their teams wins, will turn ashes in their mouths. A terrrible, but entirely self inflicted, wound that awaits all those who look at Giovani and refuse to see what he does well.

P.S. There are plenty of people who cannot see what is otherwise obvious. Such people cannot comprehend that Diego is the best footballer of all times, ritually repeat Pale-Pele as their minds can retain names of two syllables or fewer, and cannot see any redeeming virtue in the magician's antics. We should be praying for them!

Silva Giovanni, 32 (Olympiakos) <<<----------- Looks like age is catching up to him, how many good seasons u guys reckon he has?? b honest i personalt think this is his last GOOD season but maybe next season he might still b a force... I wonder who u guys would wanna get to replace him when he retires coz as we all know once u hit 30+ its all down hill from there :D

If he were a real player he'd be playing in Western Europe. What good Brazilian would leave Barcelona to come to Greece at 20something years old? AND NOT GO BACK AT ANY POINT!! None, especially one that was on his national team's radar.

I'm not knacking his skill cus he sure as hell has plenty of it, and sure he can score and he's done it consistenly this year, but he's glorified as if he's the best thing since sliced-bread, which he isn't. The best players perform when it matters, not against shite minnow teams. He sucks CONSISTENTLY in the CL and only plays up to par against Paniliakos and whatnot which pose no threat or challenge to him. If he were a good central attacking midfielder he'd score when his team really needed him. For example, Basinas sits back much farther in midfield than Gio does and still gets it done in the clutch: Fener and Rangers...

He left Barcellona because he had problems with the trainer Van Gaal, i remember you jcl that in 1997 Milan and Inter were interested in Giovanni but at that time Van Gaal wanted the brasilian to stay at barcelona.

And for those people who told in this forum that he isn't a "tactical" player i want to remember that Van Gaal appreciated Giovanni for his sense of the position, if you want to reply i suggest you to see the matches of barcelona in 1996-1997 and 1997-1998 (if you speak without any information about the players you should not tell this things).

Probably you didn't follow Giovanni in Barcelona, and also in Santos, he was the best brasilian player in 1994, i suggest you to see what Giovanni did in his career

You can love or hate this player , i understand that a supporter can have this feeling about a player, but if you speak only with feeling and not with facts and numbers "You can't be serious" :tdown: ( John McEnroe )

I want also to remember that pelè stated that Giovanni were a very skill and great player (1997), then i know that the Greek champioship isn't one of the best in Europe but Giovanni has been, is and will always be a great player.

PLEASE :angry: PLEASE :angry: PLEASE :angry: don't make a comparison with Basinas (with all the respect for this player), if we only see the cup and tournaments that Giovanni has won in his career there is no one in Greece with his curriculum (i don't want to write all his titles, it would take alot of time).

ah....He come to Greece at 27 years old

GIOVANNI TOPSCORER :nw: :nw: :nw:

• Thanks 1

i remember you jcl that in 1997 Milan and Inter were interested in Giovanni

OK, so when he left why did he go to OFSP instead of a better league like Serie A which would cement a spot for him on the NT and keep him at a high level of play? Who knows, he could've actually gotten past the first round of CL if he had gone to Milan... :lol: :lol: :lol:

OK, so when he left why did he go to OFSP instead of a better league like Serie A which would cement a spot for him on the NT and keep him at a high level of play? Who knows, he could've actually gotten past the first round of CL if he had gone to Milan...

He is a trusting soul who took seriously all these stories about the European PAO and said to himself:

Surely, if year after year I lead OSFP and its cast of useless players to triumphs over such a well known and respected club, I will amass great fame and durable glory!

How could he know that, in order to minimize psychic damage, the supporters of PAO would start, compulsively and continuously, badmouthing the worth of the very league in which they participate and the championship they so ardently desire.

In the end Gio was victimized by those who claim to be Europeans while walking through life with mental and behavioral

Dear GoBekli i totally agree with you

Giovanni fotunately choose Olympiakos and not Panathinaikos, in this case he would have lost Greek champioship year after year after year after year :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ah........i have got a news for you ....Giovanni scored AGAIN :nw: :nw: :nw: in the last match....now he is 16 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

GIOVANNI TOPSCORER :nw: :nw: :nw:

• 2 years later...

I mean for a team who is willing to excel further this year for CL this is by no means a good move... But as Giovanni one of the most loved players for me personally id take him back for ONE LAST year only if his wage was like 200K or sumthin....

I think Sollied wouldn't want him back after all the trouble Dusan had with him.

However I think he could be extremely useful, probably playing 20-30 mins when we need these last minute goals.

I am sure Zio would be happy with this and he could just train for this role.

Zio is, together with Anastopoulos and Djorjevic, one of the most important players in recent Olympiakos history, and he should be given the chance to make amends for last year.

yes for sure.giovvani is an artist and he can still play 45 good minutes and if we have the same injuries like last year i prefer to see giovvani coming in than dani.

We all know what Giovanni can do and I think that alot of you are forgetting on how he played his last 2 years for us (LIKE CRAP)

He really didn't do anything. I saw some matches when he played back inb Brazil but he was the same player... (Lazy at the bal at times) I don't want that Giovanni on the team, I want the Giovanni that's going to give his all for the club no matter how long he plays.

It's a decision that's tough because Sollied has to make sure that he disciplins him in the right matter form the start.

This is a tough one..

I would never want that "Brazilian Turtle" to come play for Olympiakos. He costed us the match vs. Liverpool, yeah you heard me straight up! In that game Olympiakos was playing with 10 men, including 1 lazy player. :blink:

I don't care if he made other contrabutions for Olympiakos (such as in the Greek League), only that he NEVER did anything in Europe. :angry:

He costed us the match vs. Liverpool, yeah you heard me straight up! In that game Olympiakos was playing with 10 men, including 1 lazy player. :blink:

No,it was Bajevic my friend.

I don't care if he made other contrabutions for Olympiakos (such as in the Greek League), only that he NEVER did anything in Europe. :angry:

It was not his fault either.Where are you going(ennoo pou pas?) with Anatolakis,Maurogenidis,Kafes,Pantos,Maric,Rezic,Vallas?To play in europe?