Phantis Forums

Olympiakos-Dinamo Zagreb(4 November 2015, Giorgos Karaiskaki, Piraeus)

Omonoia9

I agree this wasn't a great performance, but we did what we had to do. If we assume we're going to get pasted in Munich, and that Arsenal will win at home, we need a draw when Arsenal comes to Piraeus, and that could be tough.

Fair play to youse lot tonite. Any win in UCL is a good win, Arsenal got battered as well.

I'd expect Oly to go through now, but it could be close if Arsenal beat Zagreb, because Bayern will probably smash Oly in Munchen. I just can't see Arsenal going to Piraeus and getting a result. Would rather see Oly go thru than Arsenal too, since it would be good to see a Greek team doing well in Europe.

Zagreb are a good team, they pushed us hard in these two games, we fought hard in the away match and managed to come away with a win and a clean sheet, tonight we missed some big chances! But we got stuck in......and got the win in the end that's 3 wins in a row!!! Give the team some credit!! It's always about winning we're flying high in the league and have 9 points and joint top in our group in the cl!! And it's pao aek poak that are bringing down the quality of Greek football not olympiakos! #lookinthemirror

We have missed so many penalties the last few years in the CL, glad this one didn't come back to bite us.

Don't think we played particularly well, Zagreb are a solid side and could cause problems to arsenal.

It will most likely go down to the last game, arsenal would need to win by 2 goals to advance, that gd buffer could be crucial.

Would be a nightmare to get bundled out on 9 points again.

We have missed so many penalties the last few years in the CL, glad this one didn't come back to bite us.

Don't think we played particularly well, Zagreb are a solid side and could cause problems to arsenal.

It will most likely go down to the last game, arsenal would need to win by 2 goals to advance, that gd buffer could be crucial.

Would be a nightmare to get bundled out on 9 points again.

one of my good friends says since the EPL has a lot of really strong opposition it weakens the sides for champions league,

whereas germany and la liga the top teams are a big cut above

anyways Olympiakos was very deserving. could've easily been 4-1 for oly

dinamo is a good team, we aren't gunna make them look like levadiakos lol

and i'm panathinaikos but in europe i'm every greek team, so I say we lol

Edited by georgelaz
  • Like it 1

Those of you who think Olympiakos will get trounced in Munich: do you realise a draw there will put BOTH teams through? ;)

Bayern will fight for first place, so they do have something to play for. Olympiakos will not draw in Munich. 

Edited by Molon Lave
  • Like it 1

interesting to see what tactics Silva uses v Bayern and Arsenal.

will he try and pack the midfield with hard type players to close down space...

Luka- Cambiasso- Kasami- Chori- Fortounis

or will he try and use the pace and width of Hernani - Seba

I don't rate Hernani and Seba to me they are 'luxury' players..who can burn you at this level...we need Mirallas, Leto types in these positions..

Bayern can't guarantee top spot with a draw, because if they go on and draw/lose in Zagreb and olympiakos beats arsenal then Bayern will finish 2nd.

The likely scenario is they will go all out to win this game which would actually confirm top spot and then send the reserves to Croatia for match day 6.