Phantis Forums

Aris fans come back

Mitsos

Hello Mitsos nice to meet you. Does anyone know what happened with Rey M from GS? And the other Aris poster I forget his name but he was very nice and always posted in Greek. Never saw him have ONE problem. He was a mod. He would be a great addition here and would be gladly welcomed I feel.

Almand ?  I always liked his posts.

Gentlemen, I believe you are referring to El_Cid.  Let's see if we can get some more people on here.

Blackhawk, Aris not being in the Superleague, I cringe calling it that, has done wonders for my mental health!!!!

Blackhawk, Aris not being in the Superleague, I cringe calling it that, has done wonders for my mental health!!!!

Well hopefully they manage to clean up the trash that caused the team to end up in this position, so you can go back to be the good old Mitsos, when they come back to SL in two seasons. :D

On a more serious note, I hope everything is cool with Evan.

• 4 months later...

El Cid has been notified so I am sure he will make an appearance at some point. Not sure about all the others (Almand etc). I guess they are not even aware that greeksoccer has been kinda reincarnated.

• Like it 1

• 1 month later...

Hello ukworm, hope all is well with you.  So from what I understand Aris might not be allowed to move up unless they take care of previous debt.  I'm all for the them paying off what they owe or a portion of it but wouldn't it be more beneficial if they work out a payment plan of some sort?  Neither side benefits from Aris remaining in the 3rd division unless I'm missing something.

From what I know the Aris debt is around 30 mil Euro, but that includes interest and fines. 

However that is not the issue currently. The team voluntarily dropped to 3rd division, so it could erase the debt through bankruptcy. For the bankruptcy to be completed, the courts have to approve it. The previous owners (Skordas, etc.) are fighting the proceedings because they would end up with portion of the debt.   

Ultimately it comes down to one thing, does the Greek government have a better chance of collecting any money from Aris with the team in the 3rd division or in the professional ranks?  I think the answer is obvious.

It's more complicated than that from what I understand. The courts are really not delaying anything. It's the involved parties that are about to lose money and go to jail that are delaying the proceedings.

Aris dropped to 3rd division in order to wash itself from the debt. However for this to work the bankruptcy proceedings need to be completed. Some of the results of the bankruptcy proceedings is that some of the debt is passed to people (Skordas and co.) that were in charge when the team did not pay the taxes, IKA, and players. It's those people with their lawyers that are delaying the proceedings. The team, which is an amateur club right now, wants nothing more than to complete the bankruptcy, so they can form a "clean" PAE (professional side).

Mitso you are right. With a clean Aris in the professional ranks the government stands to profit by collecting taxes, etc. The question is if there are people in Aris ranks that will take over and run a clean operation without any interference from past ghosts.

Nobody clean will get involved with Greek sports, it falls on the government to stay on top of things. If you owe money to the IRS they can take it from your wages before you get paid, I say do something similar to all teams that owe.  Insert your people in these PAE, create more jobs as well, this way you have a better idea what's coming in.

• 2 weeks later...

the questions now are:

1) how is the financial situation?

2) will they be able to mount a challenge for promotion next season?

3) will they then be financially able to sustain GSL demands  if they get promoted?

4) do they have leadership that is capable of maintaining a squad and finances capable of GSL if they get promoted?

I don't know on  financial situation these days but I guess it needs sponsors and always has had good gate receipts than most clubs.

Aris is bereft of big financial benefactors to take the club the next level always has had problems with managers too and losing its young talent.

a team made up of Dioudis, Papazoglou, Vangelji, Papadopoulos, Katidis, Giannotas, Sounas, Stavropoulos would make a nucleus of a good team through the youth system only.

Bottom line is Aris produces good talent and 2-3 of them in youth levels are very good propects. just need stability with senior managers to guide them and develop them.

Aris attendances are fourth when the team is not doing well and top three when the team is doing well.

Aris gets more crowds in this division than majority of European clubs playing in UEFA league.

I think it will be fine providing it is managed better and get better returns for our youth system products

I have never denied Aris fans numbers nor commitment...

and yes..its very ironic that a third division Greek club has more supporters attending home matches than the majority of European clubs playing in Europa League...

however my concerns are that if the right leadership and financial set up is not in place...we will be back in the same position in 3-5 years..

One step at a time gentlemen, right now the only concern is being allowed to move up next year. 

Sheriff, nothing in Aris recent past suggests that things will be different this time around so I would not be surprised if they drop to the second division in 3-5 yrs., like you said, assuming of course they reach the superleague.

Reaper, I honestly do not know what he has done at Veroia, I had never heard of him before his involvement with Aris.  Furthermore, I have no expectations for the team I have supported all my life because there is too much BS floating around and no concrete info on anything really. The one sure thing I know about Aris, always on the wrong side of the ledger in red.