Phantis Forums

New Coach

Original 21

He won us our first piece of silverware in a decade or so with an average AEK, I believe this AEK is better than the one he had in 10/11 so hopefully it works out.

It's not a permanent solution as only until the end of the season, at this point of the season it could have been a lot worse like I said.

Edited by Dikefale11

Yes he did and he did also play a decent brand of football and I agree with you Dikefale, that team was ok, this team I have always said is good on paper but never got the guidance they needed this season from the coaches we had. Also the players lost their hunger/desire along the way.

Still I would've preferred AEK to lower their pride and bring Dellas back, they lowered their pride and brought Zikos back last week so why not do the same with Dellas.

Certainly hope so mate, I don't expect him to be the owner, but take over Kermit please.

I listen to his show weekly and the things he says about AEK are spot on, even the players he says he wanted to bring in would've been big for AEK. He has plenty of contacts and knows the game very well, just a shame that AEK fans turned on him, now most are opening their eyes

One thing that makes me wonder is why not give Jimenez a contract and not only until end of season? Bring someone in if you don't plan to keep him, let him gel the team from now, get his style across and get rid of the deadwood he doesn't want for next season. If we don't keep Jimenez now we go back to square 1 end of season. Finding a new coach, then chase players he wants then hoping they gel.

Look its not a bad thing but we need a plan in place as a club, we cant be going coach to coach each season. If they want Jimenez to stay on then give him a 2 year contract and let him finish this season off and also start putting a place in place for next season, along the way work out who he wants to keep and also get rid of. In the end he has coached in this league and he knows what's needed and what style you need to play to get results.

I just don't wana see him go at season's end then we are looking for a new coach and trying to do everything rush rush, it just wont work.

• 1 month later...

Where is everyone?? The team is showing great form with a nice win over PAOK. Jimenez is certainly getting the best out of what we always knew was a talented group of players. The winter signings sure helped. Araujo is a gun. What do we have to do to keep him next year? 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...