Phantis Forums

AEK- Iraklis

Original 21

Big game on Saturday at home against Iraklis at 19:30 Greek time. It's a must win game before we go to Leoforos. Iraklis is dangerous in attack so our defense needs to get back to the way they played in the first two games of the year. I expect some rotation after the poor showing against olympiakos and because we have a big away cup game against Xanthi on the 28th. I would start something like this:

----------------------------Baroja------------------------

Galo-------Kolovetsios--------Arzo----------Didac

---------------Simoes------------Johanson-----------

Platellas-------------Mantalos---------Buononotte

------------------------Chrisantus-----------------------

We need some rotation, Aravidis was exhausted at the end of the Olympiakos game and he had a poor game, I know Chrisantus is bad but Aravidis will need a rest since we have 3 games in 8 days, and two are big games in the Cup and the derby with Vazelos. Tzanetopoulos was just really bad against Olympiakos, I fear he might be burnt out, get Kolovetsios back in. Labropoulos did well, I'm sure he will start, but I want to see Arzo since melissanidis did say he was a "paixtara" yesterday in his meeting Original. I want Diego back in, Iraklis has a weak defense and he should be back in the starting 11 for this home game, he can make a big difference when he's on form. Didac is a great defender in my opinion so he won't need much help on defense.

It's a must win game for this team, we can not afford to drop points in any home games this first round because all the derbies are away. We haven't played a complete game since the Platanias game, I'm hoping we end that streak.

What's the difference? Tempo? Passing? Just trying to imagine the difference with the same players. Listening to it on the radio but he is not talking performance. Just play by play.

Both. Passing is great so far, and we are finally pressing Iraklis and making off ball runs. Lookjng good so far but need a goal.

Yeah I agree they absolutely hold this team back, they are clowns. I was happy that they called out Bajavic today because I hate that guy. And melissanidis didn't sack Dellas, Dellas quit after his meeting with Bajavic where he was basically forced out. However it seems as tho Dellas lost the locker room and the team was divided between Greeks and non Greeks. Idk if the reports I read about this are true but if they are then it's acceptable that he left. Today our players finally looked comfortable on the field for the first time since the Platanias game. Our season starts now, I'm hoping for a good performance on Sunday against Panathinaikos.