Jump to content
Phantis Forums

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The game against Turkey has been officially announced by EPO. It will be played on May 30, 2019 at Antalya Stadium in Antalya at 21:00 EEST. Also between May 22-29 the national team will take par

More specifically just outside Dallas at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas, where the Dallas Cowboys play. That's a tough one, even the USA would get overrun in Texas(or most places). Pretty much a

Unfortunately I have to agree. JVS once again proven he hasn’t learned anything. These friendlies should be a time to select players in positions that we desperately need improving on. Players who are

Wonder when the friendlies will get annaounced so we can put s%$#! on the team and gaffa..

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ausgreek said:

Wonder when the friendlies will get annaounced so we can put s%$#! on the team and gaffa..

Ela re, we are Greek the team doesn't need to be playing for us to hang s%$#! on them!

JVS is a [email protected]@[email protected], Bakasetas sucks, where is fEtFa???

See, it's easy

Link to post
Share on other sites

Squad for the 2 friendlies has been released. Fortounis asked to be left out due to a family problem, Giakoumakis is injured. 

Αναλυτικά η αποστολή της Εθνικής για τα φιλικά με Βέλγιο και Νορβηγία: Οδυσσέας Βλαχοδήμος, Σωκράτης Διούδης, Αλέξανδρος Πασχαλάκης, Μιχάλης Μπακάκης, Θανάσης Ανδρούτσος, Μανώλης Σάλιακας, Κυριάκος Παπαδόπουλος, Αχιλλέας Πούγγουρας, Γιώργος Τζαβέλλας, Κώστας Μαυροπάνος, Κώστας Τσιμίκας, Δημήτρης Γιαννούλης, Λεονάρντο Κούτρης, Κάρλος Ζέκα, Μανώλης Σιώπης, Κώστας Γαλανόπουλος, Ανδρέας Μπουχαλάκης, Δημήτρης Πέλκας, Τάσος Μπακασέτας, Πέτρος Μάνταλος, Χρήστος Τζόλης, Γιώργος Μασούρας, Τάσος Δουβίκας, Βαγγέλης Παυλίδης

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/25/2021 at 10:25 AM, paokarag4 said:

Squad for the 2 friendlies has been released. Fortounis asked to be left out due to a family problem, Giakoumakis is injured. 

Αναλυτικά η αποστολή της Εθνικής για τα φιλικά με Βέλγιο και Νορβηγία: Οδυσσέας Βλαχοδήμος, Σωκράτης Διούδης, Αλέξανδρος Πασχαλάκης, Μιχάλης Μπακάκης, Θανάσης Ανδρούτσος, Μανώλης Σάλιακας, Κυριάκος Παπαδόπουλος, Αχιλλέας Πούγγουρας, Γιώργος Τζαβέλλας, Κώστας Μαυροπάνος, Κώστας Τσιμίκας, Δημήτρης Γιαννούλης, Λεονάρντο Κούτρης, Κάρλος Ζέκα, Μανώλης Σιώπης, Κώστας Γαλανόπουλος, Ανδρέας Μπουχαλάκης, Δημήτρης Πέλκας, Τάσος Μπακασέτας, Πέτρος Μάνταλος, Χρήστος Τζόλης, Γιώργος Μασούρας, Τάσος Δουβίκας, Βαγγέλης Παυλίδης

No Fortounis, it will be a tough go in Belgium I hope we can keep it close.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 5/23/2021 at 5:31 PM, paokarag4 said:

Ela re, we are Greek the team doesn't need to be playing for us to hang s%$#! on them!

JVS is a [email protected]@[email protected], Bakasetas sucks, where is fEtFa???

See, it's easy

Good point!

If JVS continues to pick teams that are not up to the task, and they ultimately fail again, He, as did the other managers since 2014, will fall on his sword. He must picks decent teams or he is getting bad advise and/or is a bad judge and/or politics will show this current administration up as it showed them all up in the past.

Edited by ausgreek
  • Like it 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, ausgreek said:

Good point!

If JVS continues to pick teams that are not up to the task, and they ultimately fail again, He, as did the other managers since 2014, will fall on his sword. He must picks decent teams or he is getting bad advise and/or is a bad judge and/or politics will show this current administration up as it showed them all up in the past.

For sure lots there are lots of good managers currently available.

  • Like it 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

At this point I have lost any hope I had in JVS. He gave us some optimism when he first came in and had the team playing high tempo only to go back to questionable player selections and playing confused and not knowing if the team wants to attack or defend. Also decisions he's made in regards to keeping Manolas in the dark and keeping Siovas off the team for his comment is just not right. At this point it looks like another failed qualifications which will ultimately lead to a new coach and back to square one we go.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, J1078 said:

At this point I have lost any hope I had in JVS. He gave us some optimism when he first came in and had the team playing high tempo only to go back to questionable player selections and playing confused and not knowing if the team wants to attack or defend. Also decisions he's made in regards to keeping Manolas in the dark and keeping Siovas off the team for his comment is just not right. At this point it looks like another failed qualifications which will ultimately lead to a new coach and back to square one we go.

Unfortunately I have to agree. JVS once again proven he hasn’t learned anything. These friendlies should be a time to select players in positions that we desperately need improving on. Players who are deserving of call ups. 

2 hours ago, Jimmyp said:

Just to play devils advocate here, I wanna see who others would select. 

It doesn’t give me much of optimism when I see the likes of Bakakis, Bakasetas and Tzevallas in the team. Yeah Bakasetas has done good in Turkey but every time he plays for the national team he is completely lost and ruins our attacks. For me if your club form doesn’t match your national team form then you shouldn’t be selected. He’s had too many chances. After the nations league we should’ve moved on from him. 

Bakakis has been out of form for the last year and a half and still gets picked over Kotsiras who’s had the season of his life and Giannis Masouras who is a very fast RWB who has skill on the ball aswell. He has also played nearly every game for his club in Poland. 

Tzavellas for me does not belong anymore on the team. That ship has sailed in my opinion. The biggest mistake JVS did was to drop Siovas. Also not convincing Sokratis and Manolas to play. These players can still help Greece, especially in a major tournament.

Alexandropoulos who is arguably our best box to box midfielder is left out. Someone who can control the midfield and is the most dynamic. He’s only 19. 

Ninis, who has improved his game, who is our best passer doesn’t get a look. Fetfatzidis, a player that Greece will propably never produce again, gets ignored. 

I had hope in the beginning with JVS, but he’s made the team go backwards unfortunately. I don’t know if it’s a lack of football IQ, politics or is getting bad advice. This is unacceptable to be ignoring some of the countries best players and continuously selecting players who aren’t good enough to beat the likes of Kosovo, Georgia and Slovenia. 

We are not a football powerhouse but we should at least be beating these teams and making tournaments like we used to do. For me play the most skilful and inform players you have. Play players that have been overlooked for a long time. Understand why we couldn’t beat those teams and make some changes. Don’t stick with the same players that couldn’t get first in a easy nations league group or draw with Georgia.

  • Like it 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/28/2021 at 7:11 PM, Dean97 said:

Unfortunately I have to agree. JVS once again proven he hasn’t learned anything. These friendlies should be a time to select players in positions that we desperately need improving on. Players who are deserving of call ups. 

It doesn’t give me much of optimism when I see the likes of Bakakis, Bakasetas and Tzevallas in the team. Yeah Bakasetas has done good in Turkey but every time he plays for the national team he is completely lost and ruins our attacks. For me if your club form doesn’t match your national team form then you shouldn’t be selected. He’s had too many chances. After the nations league we should’ve moved on from him. 

Bakakis has been out of form for the last year and a half and still gets picked over Kotsiras who’s had the season of his life and Giannis Masouras who is a very fast RWB who has skill on the ball aswell. He has also played nearly every game for his club in Poland. 

Tzavellas for me does not belong anymore on the team. That ship has sailed in my opinion. The biggest mistake JVS did was to drop Siovas. Also not convincing Sokratis and Manolas to play. These players can still help Greece, especially in a major tournament.

Alexandropoulos who is arguably our best box to box midfielder is left out. Someone who can control the midfield and is the most dynamic. He’s only 19. 

Ninis, who has improved his game, who is our best passer doesn’t get a look. Fetfatzidis, a player that Greece will propably never produce again, gets ignored. 

I had hope in the beginning with JVS, but he’s made the team go backwards unfortunately. I don’t know if it’s a lack of football IQ, politics or is getting bad advice. This is unacceptable to be ignoring some of the countries best players and continuously selecting players who aren’t good enough to beat the likes of Kosovo, Georgia and Slovenia. 

We are not a football powerhouse but we should at least be beating these teams and making tournaments like we used to do. For me play the most skilful and inform players you have. Play players that have been overlooked for a long time. Understand why we couldn’t beat those teams and make some changes. Don’t stick with the same players that couldn’t get first in a easy nations league group or draw with Georgia.

I wanted to see JVS call up Alexandropoulos and give him some playing time vs a tough Belgium side. 
From 2004 -2014 Greece was a football powerhouse under the guidance of Rehhagel & Santos we won the European championship and during that time we defeated the likes of Portugal, Spain, France, Czechs Croatia etc.. Greece only missed the 2006 WCUP due to a fluky loss to Albania. It would have been great to see us in Germany with that side we had I think a quarter finals place would have been attainable. Anyways now we are missing out on the Euros again  where we should have qualified behind Italy in such a gift of a group that was handed to us. Just going to be hard to watch us not there again!

  • Like it 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Players need to watch King Otto movie. Santos was certainly the star of the show.

Edited by ausgreek
Link to post
Share on other sites

Two more friendlies before our next WC qualifying game.

- Norway on Sunday in Malaga, Spain

- Switzerland away on September 1, 2021 at 13:45 EEST.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...