Phantis Forums

NT Friendly Games

Blackhawk

As much as I don't like to see Socceroos lose, and the matches would not be like Greece playing Germany or Bolivia, I dislike seeing the Ethniki lose more, so Greece 2-1. I say may the best team win though. Like to see full-houses.

so are you going to see Australia or Greece? ...and don't say both?

And this is not a chest beating patriotic question..

what I mean is that if Greece were to play in Melbourne, my level of interest to pay money and attend would be the same whether they played Australia/Bolivia/ Germany/Gibraltar.....

I'd be more interested if the match was against Australia, no disrespect to Bolivia or Nigeria and those countries but the glamour of the opponent does count to an extent.

Were you at the empty Etihad stadium when olympiakos played Melbourne victory a few years ago? It was fun but you won't get the masses interested when you're playing a nothing team (in global terms)

Neither game would sell out, and most Greeks that do attend will be asking why nikopolidis isn't in goals and where Charisteas is etc...

I was there at MVFC v OSFP....

The point was that from a Greek NT fan perspective it does not matter to me who we play...

I was also at the MCG in 2006 ...terrible flat atmosphere with 90k....the MCC /AFL  theater goers kill it...the 'whole 'Melbourne events' concept should just keep to organising  AFL Grand final parades...and Grand Prix.

• 2 weeks later...

this source says that the turkish football federation said on their official website that greece will play against turkey on november 17 in turkey. so we play luxemburg on november 13 and 4 days later we play turkey. hopefully turkey is official.

https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?act=url&depth=1&hl=nl&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.googleusercontent.com&sl=nl&tl=en&u=http://www.turksvoetbal.net/turkije/turkije-oefent-tegen-griekenland-301034008&usg=ALkJrhjEX6pks63J77bEgoPRNcBwLPRdvA

i would like the NT to schedule a few home friendlies at venues like AEL Arena and Harilaou.....nice boutique football stadiums with good atmosphere...a good opportunity for Skibbe and the players to reconnect the NT with the people...

it will help bring back passion a and soul to the team's mental approach in matches..

• Like it 2

I more concerned about all the away friendlies ...I chose Harilaou and AEL Arena for specific reasons...in this crucial point..

I don't have an issue with a packed Karaiskaki or OAKA rocking and we have the opponent on the back foot scrambling and the stadium pumping..

I am wary of having the NT become 'homeless' and become a traveling roadshow playing in front of 2500 at Platanias etc..

happened around 15-20 years ago when the NT played at some obscure venues....... from kalamata to Thraki....and some other odd ball locations...it looked like I was watching D division...

No way. Ethniki should have only one venue and the best venue.

England = Wembely. 

It should be synonymous with the ethniki. Right now it seems to be karaiskakis.

It's not gunna feel like home with a constant switch up

Edited by georgelaz

• 1 month later...

The next 2 friendlies for the NT are:

24-March:  Montenegro

29-March:  Iceland

Both games at Karaiskakis. Apparently Greece does not exist beyond Athens and Piraeus.

Lol what are you talking about. Last 2 friendlys were away , at Luxemburg and Turkey , and the next Friendlies after these are probably gonna be the ones at Australia , Also away. Seriously whaaat.

I think the comment was centered around the fact that most if not all NT games are played at Karaiskaki...

I would think it would be a good idea to play these matches at AEL Arena, Volos, Patra....

we played Serbia at Platanias last year...which made zero sense..

Edited by RED SHERIFF

I would only do Athens and MAYBE Thessaloniki if you want to push it. Like 9 games in Athens and one in Thessaloniki MAYBE

not completely sold on it though, I don't like the ethiniki being a road show. die hard fans can make the trip to athens

do people all around greece care about the ethniki? I haven't been around everywhere

I'm kalamatianos, and I know that ppl went wild down there during world cup, euros etc.

but kalamata is super affiliated with athens, most kalamatiani have an athenian team they support eg) aek, oly, pao

like Klaus is salonikan and he looks like a BEAST, prideful, sharp for PAOK

but looks retarded for the ethiniki

is there a low grade feeling of separation in greece or are we a big happy family?

I know Crete is kinda self-sustaining and has it's own kinda culture going on too

Edited by georgelaz