Phantis Forums

Ivan Savvidis - PAE PAOK owner/president

italosPAOK4

The season (in my eyes) is purely going to tell us whether the summer signings we made were good. In the short term, they seem abysmal. We can only hope that they gel together in the long term and become a team that can challenge next season.

Ivan has come back for summer holidays to Porto Carras and has started with the big comments again! 

"Στη ζωή μου δεν έχω βάλει ποτέ στόχο να είμαι δεύτερος. Και στις επιχειρήσεις μου και στη ζωή μου δεν αρκούμαι σε αυτό. Ο στόχος πρέπει να είναι για την ομάδα μου η πρώτη θέση. 

🗣️ Ιβάν Σαββίδης.

What same karamela. When he took over the team 10 years ago he said his goal was for PAOK to eventually become self sufficient, and in yesterday's comments he jus reiterated that goal. Let's face it, as much as the Savvidis haters want him to gone, he will stay around. Eventually his sons will take over, unless some other crazy billionaire comes in and buys the team, something that is very unlikely.

• Like it 1

In his first speach he promised us the champions league! 

The self sufficient bullshit came inti his speaches after the 4th season! 

Karipidis is on fireeeeee, Aris getting a new stadium tooooo and is debt free too

• Like it 1

9 hours ago, Bananas said:

How is Aris building a new stadium other than off the back of the tax payer ?

Exactly, the government is paying for it. Close connections to the prime Minister of the country Evangelos Marinakis has its benefits. The so-called British "bilionare" involved with the crook running Aris is being planted at the team by the government. 

• Like it 1

I'll believe it when I see it.  Right now it's as much vaporware as our own stadium.  I find it difficult to believe given how much other pressing economic issues the government has.  I doubt this is a top priority for the government.

On 8/19/2022 at 8:30 PM, PAOKSYD said:

Karipidis is on fireeeeee, Aris getting a new stadium tooooo and is debt free too

Karipidis is not on fire mate. They are officially under the wing of Marinakis. Any success they have is purely down to him.

• 7 months later...

Αύξησε την περιουσία του κατα 100 εκατομμύρια ευρώ ο Ιβάν Σαββίδης

O Ιβάν Σαββίδης συνεχίζει να δείχνει την οικονομική του δύναμη, καθώς σύμφωνα με την λίστα Forbes, ο ισχυρός άνδρας του ΠΑΟΚ έχει αυξήσει την περιουσία του κατά 100 εκατομμύρια για το 2023 σε σχέση με το 2022.

O Ιβάν Σαββίδης, πέρα απο πρόεδρος της ΠΑΕ ΠΑΟΚ είναι και κάτοχος πολλών επιχειρήσεων, ενώ βρίσκεται  εδώ και πολλά χρόνια στην λίστα Forbes και μάλιστα σε υψηλή θέση.

Ο Ιβάν Σαββίδης μετά την νέα ανανέωση της λίστας, έχει ανέβει κι άλλες θέσεις σε σχέση με το 2022, όπου το Net Worth του ήταν στα 1.6 δισεκατομμύρια. Με την φετινή ανανέωση της λίστας το Net Worth εκτοξεύτηκε κατά 100 εκατομμύρια  με τον μεγαλομέτοχο της ΠΑΕ ΠΑΟΚ να βρίσκεται αυτή την στιγμή στην 1725η θέση παγκοσμίως. Μάλιστα, ο Σαββίδης αυτή την στιγμή είναι ο πέμπτος πιο πλούσιος Έλληνας επιχειρηματίας.

https://www.metrosport.gr/ayxise-tin-perioysia-toy-kata-100-ekatommyria-eyro-o-ivan-savvidis-748897

• 3 months later...

I think it is time for Savvidis to come out and speak, especially when we are knocked out of Europe (perhaps next week). It is clear that he has problems:

- He cannot bring his money from Russia into Greece, which means we cannot buy players without selling
- He is in Rostov and doesn't see what is happening on the ground
- He has no idea what is happening in Greek football in general

Unfortunately on a political level he is a lost lamb. His life wasn't made at all easy by Marinakis and ND but it is his own fault for not making strong connections elsewhere. Savvidis came to Greece with various objectives in mind. Build his wealth and open a door for Russia. He has achieved both. PAOK has helped him become wealthier. Through this power he bought and sold SEKAP, along with various other ventures (hotels, for example). He owns the port, which in my opinion, was what he was ordered to get by Putin. For a lot of things I truly believe he is using ND and Athens as a smokescreen. Sure, they are making his life difficult but he could easily get sign off for the new stadium. He just needs to turn up with a few people, walk in and get it done (exactly how Melissanidis did). Although his blood may be Greek, his mentality and methods are Russian. That just doesn't work with the gangsters in Greece.

I honestly think this season will be worse than the last one. I hope I am wrong but I think Savvidis has done everything he is willing to do with PAOK.

• Like it 1

• 3 weeks later...

So you base your comment on something posted on Facebook. 

Ok so there was 31 mil income in the last 3 year from sale of players, etc.

Can you also tell me what were the expenses for the same 3 year period?

• Like it 1

Exactly. Absolutely no context. For shame (I'm also looking at you, @PaokCT - don't think I didn't notice that smarmy tweet!).

Incidentally, I muted that account years ago. Can't trust people who live in the upside-down.

• Haha 1

Guys, while he has indeed taken PAOK to another level, I personally think it is clear that there is no longer any motivation to transform the team into a powerhouse. He is using Russian tactics in a Greek game. He is either at his ranch in Rostov or at his resort in Halkidiki. For me, the plan was to use him to gain Russian access to the port. That has now been accomplished. Sure, he spent a lot of money to take the team out of debt and build it up but the money he has made from owning PAOK and investing in Greece is a tremendous amount.

I don't usually agree with PAOKSYD but I think he is on the right track about Savvidis.