Phantis Forums

Arsenal-Olympiakos(29 September 2015, Emirates Stadium, London)

Omonoia9

If Oly hold on pretty sure it will be the first Greek win in England

Not the case. AEK beat Derby County 3:2 back in 1977 and PAOK beat Tottenham 2:1 couple years ago.

In any case this is a big win for Olympiakos.

• Like it 1

This year's Olympiakos is very unpredictable. Firt UCL Match ( I will only be using UCL matches as examples because we haven't had any Derbies in GSL) they played full defense and lost 3-0. Now they opened up and with not a very good Da Costa substitution , with Botja taking his place, we managed to get less goals from a far more threatening Offence (Champerlain, Wallcott,Sanches,Ozil) and we conceded only 2 goals , while we also scored 3.

We literally bought 5 Attacking Players this year, Ideye,Finnbog,Pardo,Hernani,Seba. I was displeased with the fact that we didn't even score once against Bayern. Even vs Bayern, since we spent so many money on Offense we should have scored. Maybe it's just that the Coach put a very defensive mentality for that match in their Brains.  Today, however, the goal scorers did their deed.

To sum up, this team is good , its champions league level (they can play defence against a mighty , title winning favorite Bayern, despite the result, they can win fast pace teams like Arsenal - as proved today), but as I said before its very unpredictable. I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't manage to get the full 6 points out of Zagreb. 4 or maybe 3 seems something possible as well. I expect Arsenal to get Maximum 2 points in the oncoming games vs  Bayern, since this Bayern is not just Bayern, it's Lewa-motherf*cking-ndowski on fire Bayern. Which means that if in the next on going games we get 4 points it might not be enough for us if we lose the last 2. Don't get your hopes up yet lads. It's too soon. The bad thing is: After such victories against such temas like Arsenal,Atletico,Juventus players get hyped and they lose their hype when they find out that the re going to Europa League. If such a thing didn't happen , Olympiakos would play to Europe

What a wonderful victory!!!! The belief in this team is amazing!!! Let's hope we push on now!!! We need maximum points in our next two games to have a big chance of progressing, I loved the fighting spirit in the lads! Never gave up and the players seemed to want to get the ball and run with it which was great to see!!! Not that lets just kick it up field to get it away from our area ????

We beat Zagreb twice it puts us on 9 points, bayern beat arsenal twice it puts them on 12 points! Zagreb will be on 3 and arsenal on 0 with 2 games left! We would finish ahead of Zagreb on head to head even if they won there last two games and we lost ours ????

Pardo was absolutely amazing

Watching the skill of him and Seba was crazy, excellent skill. Well deserved win for Oly

What game where you watching? Pardo yet again looked heavy for the most part. Seba was a non factor.

The difference was silva's flexible tactics and his decision to use fortounis. Their ball retention especially in the first, made a world of difference.

I liked the decision to use salino at left back, won't help the side going forward but keep things tidy. Very discipline as opposed to masuaku who loves to get forward. I think masuaku can play as a winger.

Relax everyone.  Olympiakos played well, very well, and got rewarded for it.  On another day, they could have lost 3-0 given the same performances from both teams.  The ball is round ... as they say.

Kudos to Olympiakos, if you play "correctly", you always have a chance.  Keep bringing those co-efficient points.

I saw the match, fully deserved victory for Olympiacos. Pretty much the entire team played well, except for ideye and botia. Pardo man of the match for me.

Even though im a pao fan, im glad olympiacos won; football is very powerful, and this result gave joy to many greeks. Good luck in the round of 16, you'll need it ;)

^^Sure he embarrasses the defender but for the most part he didn't show.

If it were not for fortounis with cambiaso and kasami in behind all having great games, the team would've fell apart. Not to mention the fullbacks were discipline. Siovas and da costa had the necessary protection.