Phantis Forums

Northern Ireland-Greece (8 October 2015. Windsor Park, Belfast)

Greekaroos

Not 1 player has a clue what to do, we have no plan. just pass across the midfield and the odd long ball from one of the defenders to try and play it through to Mitroglou...

Very sad to see us in this state and the blame lies with the big 4 clubs Olympiakos, Panathinaikos, AEK & PAOK. Terrible youth academies and barely produce anything special, and when they do its once in a blue moon, and even then the player is semi-decent.

Don't disagree that holebas is better at this time, but he will not be around for too much longer. So we need to bleed stafylidis in where games don't matter.

Also, I would like to see some structure on the side where you need to play for your club or you will not get time for country.

Greece sucks. Play for your country, not for yourself. Quite humiliating that of all countries, Greece plays with the least pride. I remember in the Finland game, when there was a moment of silence for the 18 year old Veria keeper who died, I though the team would win it. At least be motivated and win the game for the kid, but of course they couldn't. Against a team that has 1/10 of what the Greek team has (talented to wise)

Edited by Ethnikos