Phantis Forums

Veria-AEK

Original 21

We play Monday away in Veria at 7:30 Greek time. We need to win this game, we can't afford to lose this since we go to Karaiskaki in match day 7. We've had trouble away but this Veria team isn't as good defensively as Xanthi, and our players won't feel the pressure they did against PAOK. Fatigue might be an issue for some players since it seems our fitness coaches did a terrible job in conditioning during the pre season. I would start something like this:

Baroja

Galo Kolovetsios Tzanetopoulos Didac

Johanson Simoes

Barbosa Diego Mantalos

Aravidis

Barbosa has been on solid form recently and he deserves a start, having some real wingers that press will help us against a team that will sit back and defend. Mantalos almost tied the game by himself against PAOK when he came on, he looks like he's ready. I don't think it's fair to judge Buonanotte on the PAOK game because the entire team was poor and our 3 midfielders couldn't win or keep possession long enough to get Diego involved. Johanson has to better, his form has been really bad lately, Maybe he's tired, maybe the heat bothers him since he's not used to it being from Sweeden, who knows, if Cordero was fit I'd start him and sit Johanson.

There's a chance Simoes is out hurt, and it was reported that Mantalos will only start if the pitch is in good condition. Assuming Cordero isn't ready to start yet, and If for some reason both Mantalos and Simoes are out we should use this:

Baroja

Galo Kolovetsios Arzo Didac

Johanson Tzanetopoulos

Platellas Diego Barbosa

Aravidis

I want to see what Arzo and Didac can do, Milovanovic has only missed on Chrisantus so far and I trust his judgement but it's weird that we haven't seen either of the two Spaniards yet. If Simoes is actually out I would like to see this lineup but I'm sure Dellas will play Anakoglou next to Johanson and Tzanetopoulos would go back to Centerback and move Arzo to the bench.

Please Dellas, no more Soiledis in away games, only home games against bad teams unless Didac proves to be even worse. For those in America, the game will be on Sportplus.

• Like it 1

Thanks for the heads up man! 

I think the absence of Simoes is a good opportunity to play the 4-1-3-2 and see what we can do on offense with Arava and Diego up front. Might even consider playing Cordero to give Johanson a breather. 

-------------Baroja-------------

Galo----Kolo------Tzane-----Didac

--------------Johanson---------

Platella------Mandalo-------------Barbosa

------------------------Diego-------------------

-------------Aravas---------------------------

^ I think this line up is fire and a good opportunity to see what our attacking capabilities are with one DM. Can you imagine the link ups between Diego, Mandalo, Arava, and our wingers coming into the box form time to time?  Not to mention that Diego and Mandalo can alternate as Mandalo can also play as an AM. 

looks like Della is leaning toward a 4-2-3-1 putting Mandalo in Simoes' place. Don't know how I feel completely about that but the good part is that it can easily be transitioned if we see our team needing more offense. The issue is that Della has to get over his post-2008-Bajevic syndrome and be more proactive rather than sit back and let a failing tactic lose us the game. 

The issue is that Della has to get over his post-2008-Bajevic syndrome and be more proactive rather than sit back and let a failing tactic lose us the game.

Completely agree with this, the problem is that Bajavic is still around the team and has way too much power with this team, Dellas listens to him way too much and it's hurting the team. Bajavic also has to approve all the deals Milovanovic makes. Bajavic has to go.

Completely agree with this, the problem is that Bajavic is still around the team and has way too much power with this team, Dellas listens to him way too much and it's hurting the team. Bajavic also has to approve all the deals Milovanovic makes. Bajavic has to go.

Are you saying Bajevic is too old now ?  For my money, he's the best manager in Greece in the last 3 decades.

• Like it 1

Are you saying Bajevic is too old now ? For my money, he's the best manager in Greece in the last 3 decades.

He is also the president of football operations. You want a coach with no experience in the SL, and not much experience at all, making all the decisions? These are the ways AEK have failed in the past... Allowing too much autonomy to people without experience in a football background.

Find me one other club in the world where someone who isn't the president has more say than the head coach in staff hirings, and transfers. That's an amateur move to have a senile 70 year old make all the important decisions, he's been past it since 2007, his last stint as our head coach should have been enough of a warning sign. He's holding us back.

I think I'm somewhere in the middle on this topic. I see what everyone else is saying in regards to stability and having such a successful figure leading our team but at the same time Original21 has a good point as well. There is a little taste of Dusan in a lot of questionable activity at the club these last few years. Important figures like Aki Ziko leaving and Manola coming back, for instance, are unnecessary things that hold the team back. In my opinion Bajevic should have a post, but we also need someone impartial and active (melissanidi is not active) to look over his decisions, OR he needs to have some of his authority removed. This is AEK not a "Lets reunite the old gang" party. 

• Like it 1

Ok. So you would rather have a non proven person of authority that does not care for the team or it's well being... Only there for a pay check?

Most presidents are ego maniacs that have all the money, with little experience with football and make horrible decisions just to get the BAM from the fans. For example, Savvidis son. What is he doing?

On real teams, you have positions of power where you are responsible. Look at the real established teams. They have presidents that have the final say. Ofcourse Dusan has the final say over Milo. I wouldn't want it any other way. No position underneath the president should be autonomous. If so, then why even start a viable company/team? Just do it the old Greek way and be bankrupt again in a few years. You need one person that sees and drives the overall vision for the team as a whole. Now, if you don't agree with Dusan's (and Meli's) vision for the team that's somethjng different. But you need a head that looks long term. Not just week to week.

I think the biggest problem here is that, as fans, we get caught up in the day to day. Yeah we lost to PAOK, but does that mean Dellas sucks or Dusan is telling him what to do or that Dusan sucks or anything else? Maybe, but I don't think so. We all want the title this year, but I think that the people in power, Meli, Dusan, Dellas, Milo all know something more realistic. We may not be happy about the outcome but it is the reality of having a successful team.

Important figures like Aki Ziko leaving and Manola coming back, for instance, are unnecessary things that hold the team

I felt the same way about Ziko when he first started the academies. What experience did he have with academies? Not much at all, but they gave him the job. As time went on it seemed he was really working hard and doing a fine job. And when I found out he was leaving I was upset. Then a read a little more and talked with some people in Greece. Now, I'm not that upset and kind of agree with it. Problem is, I think Georgeas will take it over. And what experience does he have?

Ok. So you would rather have a non proven person of authority that does not care for the team or it's well being... Only there for a pay check?

Most presidents are ego maniacs that have all the money, with little experience with football and make horrible decisions just to get the BAM from the fans. For example, Savvidis son. What is he doing?

On real teams, you have positions of power where you are responsible. Look at the real established teams. They have presidents that have the final say. Ofcourse Dusan has the final say over Milo. I wouldn't want it any other way. No position underneath the president should be autonomous. If so, then why even start a viable company/team? Just do it the old Greek way and be bankrupt again in a few years. You need one person that sees and drives the overall vision for the team as a whole. Now, if you don't agree with Dusan's (and Meli's) vision for the team that's somethjng different. But you need a head that looks long term. Not just week to week.

I think the biggest problem here is that, as fans, we get caught up in the day to day. Yeah we lost to PAOK, but does that mean Dellas sucks or Dusan is telling him what to do or that Dusan sucks or anything else? Maybe, but I don't think so. We all want the title this year, but I think that the people in power, Meli, Dusan, Dellas, Milo all know something more realistic. We may not be happy about the outcome but it is the reality of having a successful team.

Dusan isn't even the president of the team!!!!!!!

http://www.aekfc.gr/pel/dioikitiko-symvoulio-43388.htm?lang=el&path=1966086743

He's not even on the board! He's just there collecting a paycheck and making decisions because of his ego!