Phantis Forums

Transfer News And Rumors - January 2016

Blackhawk

Very creative Argentine to have, great dribbling and good vision. We'll see how he turns out

I'd been happy with him if we weren't told that we are aiming for titles and for the CL. What also bothers me is that he's rumored to be getting a 2,5 year long long contract. The message with that is clear, they won't be spending any money on a better dekari in the summer...

Edited by PAOKSWEDEN

Guys vellidis has played three games and hes reponsible for 3 goals.

Wtf

Vellidis isn't better than Olsen or Glykos. 

We could have got Victor Valdes (now on loan to Standard Liege) or Ochoa and both of them could have been our "Roberto", but instead we bought Vellidis.

We could have bought Boussoufa or some of the dekaria from the Portuguese league that Arnesen scouted some months ago but we're buying this Pas-guy instead.

• Like it 1

Olsend will make paok money. Glykos is like furniture.

Spending money on vellidis is a waste and a silly move. We.will never see it again. Only gain was for pas.

Unless he can pick himself up rise to the occassion and serve us well for a couple of seasons.

Time will tell but so far junk cost us 3 games

No.  He asked for 3 days off to head to the Croatia.  Past that, it all depends on what reports you believe.  So far the reports are:

-Tudor resigned

-Tudor didn't resign

-We've spoken to Anastasiou

-Serbian Newspapers report Ivic is ready to take over

-Tudor was told to return from Croatia immediately to discuss his position

-Savvidis told his co-workers to look for a new coach

-Savvidis is angry and denies telling his co-workers to look for a new coach.

The usual Greek Bourdello....as usually, time will tell.

• Like it 1

If we sack Tudor, I'll be taking a hiatus from PAOK for a while.  I thought the idea for this 1st season of the 3 year plan (queue laughter) was to get rid of the old players from the squad, bring in youth and begin to develop a core of players on which to build on.  Here's an idea you idiots, if you want to win more often, go and spend big dollars to get a number 10 and striker, and more big dollars to get two CB's and a GK that aren't stooges.  Instead, you want him to build a super team with Tziolis in the middle, a back line that can't defend for crap, Olsen as GK, the rest of the squad half injured.  Ase mas.  But yeah, let's crucify the manager because that's what the "fans" want and you know, it's worked so well in the past.  If he does go, I'll be looking forward to lots of signings of players that are 30+ years old.  Bring on the good times.

• Like it 2

Tudor going doesn't mean the plan is done, Arnesen is still in charge of putting a squad together that meets his criteria of young, promising players. A change of manager would only mean the system they play wIll be different and players can adapt to that

Between Arnesen and Tudor, Tudor is the one with no credibility...He came here with less than a full season under his belt, and it was a losing season at that.  Like I said before. I think we have a decent foundation of young talent.  I think that 4-5 solid experienced players and a coach who can demand respect in the lockerroom can go a long way. 

You need continuity through all the ranks, be it Tech.Director, Coach, president and players. Sacking Tudor would be another step backwards. This coaching merry-go-round helps no one. You can't see a coach's full potential in 6 months, the same way as you can't see a full squad's potential in that time. PAOK needs to stick to a coach for at least 2 seasons then see where the club is at. If the powers at be decide its still not going anywhere then fine do what you like. I say 2 years because I'm very aware that this is Greece and teams changes coaches more often than flares get thrown onto the pitch. 

Sacking Tudor would achieve nothing, we are back to square one. Sack him or keep him we still finish 3rd-4th and are in the play-offs. I'm not saying he's the man to lead us to glory down the road. but ffs, give someone a proper chance to do so. 

Edited by paokarag4
  • Like it 1

paok24 reporting that we will not be making any transfers today. 

I'm unclear why its necessary to buyout Costa with 6 months left in the season. Everyone admits our CB's are short and it hurts us on set pieces. I know Hatzisaia is probably going into the mix right away, but still, that means it's him and Malezas as the only 6' tall central defenders. With injuries, suspensions, etc., it's clear you need to carry 5 solid players at the position anyway. 

Glad it appears Tudor is staying put for now. We need continuity. We have started 19 different lineups this season because of injuries, suspensions, etc. You can't add that many players, have the second youngest team in the league, and shuffle the lineup that frequently and expect to build a cohesive unit in 30-35 games. 

• Like it 2

The Costa move really makes no sense considering he was gone after this season anyway. I guess they think that we can make it with Vitor, Malezas, Tzavellas and Chatziisaia for the rest of the season. Good luck with that.

The bigger problem though is that we did not get help with a "dekari". Pelkas just does not cut it.

There was a talk of signing Chavez who won his release from Giannina. That move would not make any sense prior to Saturday, but after loosing Rodrigues and Jairo for 6 weeks, I am surprised we did not sign him.

I for one am happy with Costa being released.  Utter waste of money.  I feel defiled just thinking about how much money he took from PAOK.  Better to get a young kid into the squad and see what they can do.  At the end of the season (where we will end up 3rd to 5th regardless) we can assess and move on.

For myself, the biggest priority is finding out what the heck is going on with all our injuries.  It's beyond farcical.  Are certain players in the squad just prone to injuries ?

Just read a promising, young dekari from Partizan's academy by the name of Nikola Ninkovic was coming to Thessaloniki to sign for us until he was convinced not to by former player and killjoy Zvonomir Vukic. Ninkovic stated a deal with PAOK was '95% complete'. He signed with Genoa instead at the beginning of the season.

Edited by Pontos