Phantis Forums

PAOK - AEK

Dikefale11

Based on the radio broadcast, sounds like the team was not ready for the primetime of a derby. Out possessed, out-shot and out-hustled. If not for Baroja and some poor finishing by PAOK it should have been a lot worse. Need to regroup and take stock of what went wrong. Can't perform like this against the better sides and expect to stay at the top of the table.

#1 Team still isnt up to speed IMO. Its been a long time since we've played in a bug game (Olympiakos), we were to used to dominating in the lower divisions and so far this season we have won vs all the easy teams. Xanthi is a decent team and we drew, PAOK is a good team and we lose, way too much a time difference between playing good teams. 

#2 Thankfully we have a tough spell ahead of us after our next game vs Veroi. 

#3 I want to see Didac get a nce run, why Soiledis is still starting I have no idea. 

#4 That christmas tree formation of 4-3-2-1 was a good idea but didnt work out, this team needs wingers to function.

#5 Baroja is a god among men.

We had the game at the fan club. I'll go more into detail later but all I can say is EKANE MPAM from before the game even started that 4-3-3 was not the right line up.

Della as expected went into the second half making NO changes to the line up. We got lucky to score 0-1. Paok took back control and instead of balancing things out while we were still ahead he waits till the 75th minute to take out anakoglou and change the formation. 

Took out his knee... Should have been called... But I still can't get over how bad we were. 4-2-3-1 from now on only, the fact that we have 3 dekaria on our team and we went into this game with a formation that doesn't use a dekari is ridiculous. The introduction of Platellas made us much better today, we all knew that a player like him would be huge in a derby... We should have stolen a point in this game at least...

It should have been called, the PAOK player is the one that ran into Simoes, they didnt run into eachother.

Anyway, thats the least of our problems, the performance was very poor, like I said we need wingers in this team. Platellas is key as much as many dont rate him.

The Simoes play was 100% a penalty but we didn't deserve anything from this game so I dont even care about talking about it. Della went in treating mpaok like they were barcelona. EXACTLY what we said would happen, HAPPENED. 

1. Buonannotte and Vargas were gassed out by the 35th minute. At one point they themselves didn't know what their position was, just so they can get a touch of the ball. This was understandable as Soiledi needed back up on like six occasions where he couldn't complete the simplest of passes. 

2. Why was Soiledi even in there? Are you playing defensively or not? You put a defensive formation in the game but put a defensively inept player. 

3. The team is not working out everyone could smell the bbq from miles away. PSINOTAN TO GOAL. WHY did Della wait till the 75th minute to take out Anakoglou and change the formation. He thought by simply putting in a fresher player in the same position till the 75th that we would play better. The formation was the same, all he was doing was throwing players into quicksand, wasting them on a shitty formation. 

4. For the first time I realized something. Soiledi has no place on this team. There is a difference between underperforming once in a while and being tragic to the point of turning the ball over four times in a row, being a defensive liability and then costing the team the game. He was out of his element, and he needs to be benched until he can improve. Anakoglou has no place in the starting line up and has Absolutely no place with the captains armband on.  As much as it pains me to say, he was an indifferent KREAS out there, as if he was soulless. Didn't help out in defense, nothing on offense, was pacing around at points, etc. 

This game was lost by one man. DELLAS. Thats all I have to say. Hopefully this is the last time we see the dreaded 4-3-3