Phantis Forums

AEK - PAS Giannina

Dikefale11

The things we walk away with today are:

-Buonnanotte obviously- the guy is class!!!!! When he is in form he has the ability to help us forget Scocco. This guy is going to make a difference this year and will help hide the hole up front with his talent. He literally turned the game around in just a few minutes, can you imagine what he'll be doing when in form and when the team has gelled?

- The PAS goal i think was partly our defense's fault, but a big factor was also Baroha. It wasn't an impossible save. I think its important for both Baroja and Anesth to realize that no one takes the jersey home.

- FINALLY the old Barbosa made an appearance again. This is what I've been waiting for ever since the end of last season where he started losing his form. We can sit here and s%$#! on the guy as much as we want and come out and bitch like the AEK365 crowd does but at the end of the day when Barbosa is up to par the entire team looks better. He is the type of player who like today in his assist to Buonnanotte, can change the game with one magic pass. 

- As far as Chrisantus goes. The guy knows how to play. You can tell he has talent just by the moves that he makes on the field. The way he distributes the ball without getting in the way of the play, or the way he moves off the ball. But once he gets the chance he shits on himself when it matters. When the games are low risk he scores with ease it seems but soon as the pressure is on he starts to lose his cool and you can see it by the way he nervously laughs. During his first missed chance to score I actually really felt sorry for the guy. He did everything right, he created spaces, passed the ball in nice triangle plays with his teammates, and then soon as he's getting into position to score he gets the finishing pass too quickly and misses the goal by a split second. Then on the header, which again he should of scored as it was perfectly placed, he got too eager and hit the ball too soon. I really don't think he as talentless as some make him out to be but at the same time you've been on the squad for months now and you still haven't given us a sense of stability. When considering he's one of the highest paid players on the squad he needs to get his psychological s%$#! together and start playing up to par with what he's capable of or else not getting a bam CF is going to put some strain on our midfield to pick up the slack, as they have been doing up until now. 

-  VARGAS! He can't pull out a full 90' yet but as his form gets better he is going to be hugee. Since the minute he came on he was destroying PAS and he was going to do what ever it took to score.

- MANTALOS- thats all I'm going to say.  

If you consider how effective we were against the same PAS that hammered mpaok two weeks ago, then you realize that the team really is good. Also Ksanthi got the away win against Atromito today, so truth be told they really are a tough team this year who can give any team in the league a hard time.

I think mpaok is for the taking. Berbatov is not ready yet and even if he was I doubt he would of gelled with his teammates by the time we play them. Aside from their home advantage, their squad doesn't scare me all that much but at the same time we've only played in an away atmosphere like toumba one time in the last two years (tigani in the cup) so that is going to be a big factor. But this squad has a lot of balls and a lot of talent, and nothing would give me a bigger kavla than seeing them go into toumba and tiki taka their asses till they're dizzy hahaha

@ Amorgo, 

I think people are too harsh on players like Soiledi. Soiledi creates a lot from the left. Even if his precision isn't always the best, he brings the ball up and puts his teammates in dangerous positions. On the defensive end he was never strong but he's definitely improving and you can see his effort. One of his issues is that he has such a thirst for getting into the attacking play that he sometimes loses his position on the field and that could cost us against a dangerous flank. On good days Soiledi has the potential to be great, the only issue is that the coach has no way of knowing when Soiledi is going to give us another bam game and even when he is off, it isn't big enough a problem to substitute him as we have bigger problems on the pitch (like scoring) which demand changes in the front of the line up.

I'd like to add that Galo has been very stable thus far and I love his style of play. What a great spark of creativity to have form your RB and the way him and Platella interchange roles and overlap one another has been great thus far. I would hate to be Della when Mpakaki comes back into the lineup. If they are both performing at their best though it comes down to 2 things. Mpakaki is both four years younger and Greek, but shittt Galo is going to make it hard for him to get his position back. 

All 3, Vargas Buonannotte, and Mantalos.

I'd love to see this but at the same time I really can't see Platella being benched right now especially going into a game like toumpa. Platella is one of those players who you know will bleed for you out there every night and even more so knowing the significance of the Dikefalo derby. None of our star three are 100% ready. Not to mention that Platella and Galo have been teaming up well on the right. 

I'd love to say that 2 of our 3 stars are going to play as well but after today's performance by Barbosa, he just made things a lot harder for Della. Unless we change the formation completely I think the only change we see really is  Aravidi in for Chrisantus, and possibly Didac in for Soiledi. 

It was a good result and we showed character coming down from 1-0 to be up at HT, this is the kind of AEK we want.

I feel Baroxa was at fault for the goal but our players did let Acosta run freely and have a shot, but the keeper should've done better.

Diego well you guys have said it all, this guy in form can take us to new heights.

Barbosa finally found himself and at the right time also.

Platellas does my head in, simple.

Chrisantus is slowly losing my faith.

Simeos and Johanssen were both brilliant for us.

Good to see Mandalos back also & Varags did well when we came on, he showed plenty of hunger.

I forgot to mention I LOVE hearing the gavri whinge about us getting that penalty and the 2 reds against PAS, they must have missed the penalty we were given that was over turned, xeftiles want to bag us and over look their m*****es over the years.

PONAI m*****es eh?

The 2 guys that got sent off were rightly sent off for their 2nd yellows, if someone cant see that then they got rocks in their head.

Keep bitching.