Phantis Forums

Greek Super League Game Topic

Guest PastMember

The sale of Luka Milivojević in middle of the season shows that Marinakis doesn't have the ambitions that Kokkalis had of making Olympiacos a European class team similar to what the basketball team became. I understand players have ambitions to play in a better league but MID-SEASON? Bento did the best with what Marinakis gave him & got sacked with the team 7 points clear on top of the Greek Super League, recently progressed to the Greek Cup Semi-Final & UEFA Europa League Round of 16 plus giving the opportunity to at least three Greek teenagers from the youth team whom have now become regular playing squad members.

• Like it 2

I am the first to say we sack coaches too easily.. But at the same time being top of the greek league and beating osman whatever there called isn't saying much. We have been playing poor football and the Cardozo and Diogo Figueiras favorites was getting old. The blame also goes to Marinakis as he is not willing to buy  players of quality and bring them to this team so we can make a decent run in the CL and its easy to point the finger at the coach when you don't have the players to play quality football. So its not only a coaching problem but ownership as well...

• Like it 1

5 hours ago, jvc said:

Instead of focusing on how to work together and create a good product,  they choose to destroy each other!   

Who are you referring here to exactly?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Tzatziki unpinned this topic
  • Tzatziki pinned this topic
  • 4 weeks later...

With his contract being relatively low, firing him will be easier than usual, I don't see what good it would do though, a new coach at this point would be a step backwards. IMO if you're gonna ax the man it would be best during a break, when the new coach would have a little bit of time to evaluate the squad and make whatever changes he may need to.

Yes red Sheriff the Albanian Kosovar who coached Anderlecht and Gent in Belgian 1st division. Have no idea why this owner has parted ways with quality coaches like Michel only to bring in this guy, Bento and the others over the last few years.

Anyone wondering what's happening, I think I have a good answer on what's happening.

Most of our signings who were honestly good and upgraded the team. Carcela on the right wing.
Ofoe as a box to box
Koutris offensively miles ahead from DeLaBella, Engels a good CB, not as good as Retsos but Retsos was no top tier CB yet either. Botia remained on the team and Figueiras really stepped up to steal starter spot from Omar. A CB position oppened with Retsos leaving but Im sure Nikolaou can step up to be a decent back up CB for our Botia/Engels duo.

The serbs we have really I have no idea why we bought them. 

Emenike/Djurdjevic/Ben all are better than anything we were stuck with last year. Emenike himself is totally too good for this Championship.

Romao this season is someone else and with back ups in Tachtsidis/Zdjelar Id say we re solid in mid as well.

The problem seems to be player motivation.

Most players who came here at Olympiakos, came because of Champions League. After the draw, and the disaster in matchday 1 it seems that well be out from Europe in December. Players are no longer motivated. They came here for Europe. Europa at worst and we might be facing a 0 points Groupstage, despite our team being a lot better than some teams when we ended up with 7 8 and 9 points.

This is the problem when most in your squad are mercenaries. Marinakis did good additions to the team. I really find no way to blame him. Hasi is a decent coach and he didn't have time to show anything. Noone who comes will save the mess this team is. Everyone is just hoping for this season to end to start over.

• Tzatziki changed the title to Greek Super League Game Topic
  • Tzatziki unpinned this topic
  • Tzatziki pinned this topic