Phantis Forums

PAOK Fans Gyradiko

Blackhawk

World: Let's write the date format in a way that makes sense, ie. the day of the month, then the month itself, then the year.

US: Woah, wait a minute champ! Let's write the date in a completely different format than the rest of the world so that we can confuse foreigners when they come to the US and ourselves when we go abroad. Let's do the month first, then the date and then the year. Because yeah!

1 hour ago, Blackhawk said:

You can thank the backwards British for the use of the Imperial measuring system in the US. 

We have all moved on since then, it's about time you guys do too! ?

• Like it 1

Ok, one more then I promise I'll stop.

World: The price of a product will include any taxes as well

USA: Athens4 buys a bottle of water that costs $2 and goes to pay. "That'll be $2.17 please", says the cashier. Athens4 replies "It says $2 over there". "That is without tax. We add tax on at the end." Mindblown! Athens4 walks around town with so much change in his pocket he sounds like the tambourine man. Homeless man approaches him and asks "Sir, do you have any spare change?" Athens4 responds "As much as you want".

• Like it 1
  • Haha 2

Scary times, indeed...

Remember the times we had to wait for hours standing to get our season ticket or just a single-game ticket at Toumba. Now, you can do it online from your computer. Isn't that scary?

The Chinese have train that goes 430km/h... Remember the good old times we were using mules... Ahhh, the romanticism is gone!

Now I am thinking more clear, Satan is gonna come right in the millennium. We should all kill ourselves before 2000 kicks in...

On a serious note - drugs and prostitutes will be cash purchases (at least for quite some time), so not to worry my friend! We'll still use cash every now and then!

Τραλαλά λαλά δεν είμαστε καλά στα μυαλά μας!!!!

• Like it 1

A sad day as Terry Jones of Monty Python('s Flying Circus) died at the age of 77. He wrote most parts of the legendary "The life of Brian" and "The holy grail".

Every time I see these movies on the TV while zapping around I stick too them and can't help laughing like it is the first time.

• Sad 1

Every Sunday at 10 PM our local Public TV station used to show the Monty Python's Flying Circus episodes. I would not miss a single episode. I still have the complete series on DVD and watch them once in a while. Big fan of the Python's.

Image result for monty python's flying circus

• Like it 1

• 1 month later...

Thanks for asking, Bafra. And it is quiet. Weird times.

Everything is still safe for me and my family. But is boring as hell. No football (playing or watching), haven't seen my parents or inlaws in three weeks (live), working at home.

And I don't think the situation will be different in the summer. So no vitamin-Greece probably this year.

Stay safe, guys!

• Like it 1

I've been working from home since the 13th, with my lockdown starting the next day (Saturday).

This has been so boring. I have nothing to do apart from eating the many delicious snacks I have.

I'm also in grad school, and after they extended spring break by a week (due to their not being prepared for this obvious viral emergency), we are just now returning to school. However, the entire rest of the semester will be strictly online, which I loathe. I was going to take an intensive, one-week-long class in early May but I thought to myself, "do I really want to be stuck in a room for 40 hours with these disgusting freaks?" So I guess that won't be happening.

• Like it 1

Safe here. Working from home since March 16. Love it. I could get used to it. The only problem will be losing the weight I will put on due to all the snacking.

Prior to this s%$#! breaking out I booked my airplane tickets for Greece for end of June. Now everything is up in the air. 

Netflix is getting a workout at my house. Managed to finish the new season of Narcos Mexico. Also saw The English Game which I highly recommend. That way I got to see some form of football on TV.

• Like it 1

Considering I work in travel, this is an absolute disaster.

On a personal note though, it has given me a chance to catch up on all 'life admin', spend time with the girlfriend and call friends for a catch up. What else has COVID-19 proven (stolen but I still agree):

- The jobs we were told couldn't be done remotely can actually be done remotely

- Disabled people could have been working from home, however some corporations just did not want them to

- Internet is a utiity not a luxury

- Universal healthcare is necessary

I (we) have also heard barely anything about ISIS or gender fluidity while this has been happening. Now that you all have time, I would recommend watching The Truman Show then The Matrix. That could be a starting point for your research.

In the meantime, I hope all of our friends and family stay safe.

• Like it 1