Phantis Forums

Predictions for the 2015 SL

Lamiara ole

Rocha should be revered as a guru at PAO . The wise old head who has breathed this team since late 1978 when he first appeared at Leoforos and wear the Green shirt. There has never been a more loyal and dedicated foreign Green personality since then ( Warzycha I guess as well )

Even he would have a tough time managing and coaching some of the useless garbage that has paraded around this team last 5 years.

As for Anastasiou's Ajax total football coaching ideologies and credentials. Yeah that's great in theory. In practice however that stuff is for kafeneio talk. Not with this talent quality.

• Like it 2

if rocha was the TD we wouldn't have a lot of this useless rubbish we have now.

here we have a guy with connections in argentina and other south American countries,who can get us players at the source before they hit it big and we appoint vokolos or dabizas,how many games did dabizas play for PAO ?

• Like it 1

lets look back at the list of players Lamiara posted ,what stands out?LETO,that guy when he was switched to the number 10 role,would of single handedly won us the league that year if he didn't get that freak injury ,he had the gavros papers crapping themselves ,every front page story of theirs was against leto ,my question,what country was leto from ?oh yes ARGENTINA.not Croatia.

this is the ability of these Argentinian players,when you get a good one ,they can destroy opposition teams like nobody else,and the crowd worships them and the opposition fear them.

look at AEK when they bought in scocco ,and they found blanco in the Argentinian 2nd division he came her and was top scorer.

when was the last time you saw the whole of oaka chanting a players name that ended in ic

Edited by Asteras
  • Like it 1

lets look back at the list of players Lamiara posted ,what stands out?LETO,that guy when he was switched to the number 10 role,would of single handedly won us the league that year if he didn't get that freak injury ,he had the gavros papers crapping themselves ,every front page story of theirs was against leto.

My God was he on superhuman form! He made everyone better on the field! Even the alcoholic/party animal Quincy!!! No doubt we would of taken the title that year had he not sustained that knee injury...

• Like it 1

I honestly don't think we have ever had a bad Scandinavian player,they are pros they work hard and always give you an honest 90 minutes.i was talking about this very subject with my neighbour the other day,how these Scandinavian players always perform,you get the odd one that doesn't but its not because of a bad attitude or lack of trying,i will go back as far as claus Nielsen who played for us early 90s I think ,he scored goals and I though was harshly delt with.

but the Argentinian brings something to the table that other nationalities cant,flair ,creativeness the unexpected,this has to do with there up bringing and the way they approach the game.

and we have rocha a life long panathinaikara with knowledge and contacts in that country but for some reason we just wont let him work.

Edited by Asteras
  • Like it 3

You can't eiminate Qabala and you have aspirations of winning the title?

Who are we kidding?

This team has limited ability to accomplish such thing!

We no longer have the stars of the past who won the last title!

Gone are the likes of

Cisse

Katsouranis

Leto

Gilbero Silva

Karagounis!

Now you rely on some trianatafillopoulo,bourbo or marinaki to deliver you a title!

Are you guys nuts?

We are a decade away of winning a title!

STOP DAYDREAMING AND COME DOWN TO EARTH!

The reason to believe is not because we have a good enough roster, far from it. The reason to believe is because, those that we are playing against are just as bad. That and we can now focus 100% on the league.

Offcourse it remains to be seen how good of a side oly put out, not to mention the calls will always be skewed towards them.

Your comparison of using

Cisse, Kats, Leto, Silva, Karagounis = Berg, Zeca, Ninis, Karelis, Essien

We had a pretty s%$#! defense when we won the title last time too. (Boumsung was our best in the backline for example ?) Sanchez is much better.

It's mostly likely that Olympiakos will take this title again BUT it's still comletely in our cards to win the title - it won't be easy but we can squeeze by 1st place by 3 points over the gauvroi.

Edited by georgelaz