Phantis Forums

Greek music

• 3 weeks later...

This song is getting popular in The Netherlands at this moment. Dirtcaps are two Dutch guys. Eleni Drake is London-based Eleni Drakopoulos (therefore not the female end of poulou) from Ithaki. Not really Greek music, but there is someone from Greece involved so it can be added in this topic.

Edited by Dutch Eagle

The Greek broadcaster, ERT, made a surprise announcement today regarding their participation in 2017: Greece will participate in the Eurovision Song Contest this year with the dynamic team of composer Dimitris Kontopoulos, director Fokas Evaggelinos and singer Demy!

http://www.eurovision.tv/page/news?id=demy_to_represent_greece_in_2017

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Katerine Duska will be representing Greece in this years Eurovision Song Contest. Duska is Greek-Canadian singer /songwriter. The semis are on May 14th and 16th. The final is May 18th. Greece and Cyprus are drawn in the first semi.

Here is the official videoclip:

Edited by Dutch Eagle

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

I'm gonna share this because I haven't been able to stop listening to this song since it dropped on the 29th. Great music video. What a weirdly Wes Anderson-style cast of characters, particularly the unkempt-looking guy sitting in the corner.

On 6/7/2020 at 5:16 AM, Dutch Eagle said:

Not a fan of her (music) but worthwile mentioning: Haris Alexiou announced her retirement as her voice lets her down.

http://en.protothema.gr/popular-singer-haris-alexiou-announces-her-retirement-in-heartfelt-interview/

She is a legend, one of the best ever. She is not really in my playlist either, but she is still very respected and loved for her work. Her resume speaks for itself, in and outside Greece she has been a star for decades. Just about half a century of performing.

In my student days, I was working at the Sheraton as concierge for a while, she was on one of her North American stops and it was an honor to serve her. I dealt mostly with her assistant, but it was a very cool experience, I was the only one in the hotel who knew who the h she was lol 

• Like it 1

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...