Phantis Forums

Greek music

This is has been one of the saddest days I've had in a long time. It feels like someone close to me died for some reason. I think it was because of how Pantelidi rose to fame and how his rise was during the time when I started really going out to clubs. Its almost as if I grew up with his music. I kind of felt like society was rough on him at times, for a self taught and self writing artist. RIP Panteli, thank you for the memories. 

• Like it 3

This is one of my alltime favourites. Played it a lot when I was younger going to or leaving Greece in the summer. It was the days of the good old tapes. Play, rewind, play again, rewind again......

Best part starts after about 1:30

• Like it 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

When I was a young boy my parents forced my sister and I to take Greek dancing lessons once a week. I hated it for the most part (some of the girls were cute though). Anyway we had a super mean but funny instructor who made us dance to a lot of kleftika, kind of nice to hear them once in a while.

• Like it 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Apologies if there already is a thread on this but just heard the now eliminated Greek entry to Eurovision. Complete garbage. Hard to believe that was the best option out there. Granted, Eurovision as a whole is a marketplace of cheesy crap but this was particularly bad.

Heard the song and it was terrible indeed, despite the Pontiako lyra in the beginning (sorry Pontos).

For those who love the Eurovision songcontest, here the Greek songs from 1974 to 2015.

Edited by Dutch Eagle
  • Like it 1

• 2 months later...