Phantis Forums

Eurobasket 2015

Some media are saying Greece is the favorite but that's a little quick to say. We have one of the best squads sure, but France and Serbia are very very strong. Never underestimate also Spain.. Italy and some other countries. Don't forget our total black-out last year against Serbia.

Some media are saying Greece is the favorite but that's a little quick to say. We have one of the best squads sure, but France and Serbia are very very strong. Never underestimate also Spain.. Italy and some other countries. Don't forget our total black-out last year against Serbia.

Lol they're stupid. We played in a very easy group, and didn't play well against a bad Belgium team in the first half. Tommorow's game against Spain is going to be really tough. Thank god Ibaka and Marc Gasol aren't playing. But Serbia and France are clear favorites imo. They've looked really impressive.

of course Spain can be beaten, but this team has underachieved for years and can't be considered clear favorites in this matchup. Also, while going undefeated is nice, the other teams in their group were bad. Slovenia and Croatia have already been eliminated (to the likes of Latvia and the Czech Republic I may add) and so will Georgia who faces Lithuania. The game against Spain will be their first real test.

Edited by levendis

F*** Spain won 73-71. Greece played awful in the 4th quarter, made too many fouls and couldn't score for 1st half of the quarter. Bourousis fouling out didn't help and Koufos was getting outplayed by Reyes.

Spanoulis just couldn't get going, Spain defended him really well out of the pick and roll. Antetokoumpo played so well got 12pts and 17rebs, but those two travels he made in the 4th were costly. Calathes got hot at the end, but it was too late. Maybe Greece could have tied or won it if they had another time out at the end for the final shot.

Many people were saying Greece were favourites coming into this match, but we have to remember that Spain are the first proper test this team has had and Spain still have very good players like Gasol, Mirotic and Llull. I still think Greece should have won this game if Spanoulis and Bourousis played better and if we used Antetokoumpo more offensively against Rudy who the commentator said was hurt.

I don't know what the coach was thinking. He shortened the bench too much. Sloukas need more time. Way too much faith in Calathes who made 2 bonehead plays at the start of the 4th Q. Boroussis did nothing today, and Gasol killed him. What else can I bitch about? While Papanikolaou was having a bad tourney I think his defence could of been used vs Mirotic. We also killed them on the Offensive glass but ended up with I beleve 2 second chance points.

Exactly I have no team issues here but I expect my best players to be the best in key games.

Look at Spain and Gasoline he rose to the occasion. Basketball is the one sport that can be dominated by the great player and it demands it best players to be their best.

I think a little refresh is in order as per Reaper. The team needs to focus its offense through Yiannis and Koufos at this point in my opinion.

And as a team they all really need to work on their foul shooting. Although they did not get to the line much they left too. Many points there that cost them the game. I see this way too much with Greek national teams in bball

Exactly I have no team issues here but I expect my best players to be the best in key games.

Look at Spain and Gasoline he rose to the occasion. Basketball is the one sport that can be dominated by the great player and it demands it best players to be their best.

I think a little refresh is in order as per Reaper. The team needs to focus its offense through Yiannis and Koufos at this point in my opinion.

And as a team they all really need to work on their foul shooting. Although they did not get to the line much they left too. Many points there that cost them the game. I see this way too much with Greek national teams in bball

I dont think Koufos post game is polished enough to be a reliable option on offence. Cleaning up around the rim and getting the dirty points he can do but making him play with his back to the basket is not his greatest strength. Also its never a given that he will show up and play for us. Our half court offence has been abysmal vs Zone and we still havent fixed this. 

Edited by CPAO