Phantis Forums

Eurobasket 2015

I think Greece has a decent chance this year, the team was announced a couple of days ago and it looks better than the one we had at the WC last year. Looks something like this:

PG: Calathes           Sloukas         Mantzaris

SG: Spanoulis         Zisis               Giankovits

SF: Antetokoumpo Pakanikolaou Peperoglou

PF: Printezis           Kaimakoglou Agravanis

C:  Bourousis         Koufos           Sarikopoulos

Having Spanoulis back is big and hopefully Koufos can help Bourousis in the paint, because our back up Cs were useless last year. Its a shame Pappas is injured and perhaps it would be better to have Sofo as well. I personally would like to see Antetokoumpo at PF more, because he's pretty useless at SF standing on the 3pt line, given that he can't shoot 3s.

France, Spain and Serbia are probably the main favourites going into this tournament.

• Like it 1

Originally the Eurobasket 2015 would have taken place in Ukraine. Financial, political and security reasons made Ukraine force to withdraw. Now Eurobasket will take place in four different countries/cities (France/Montpellier, Germany/Berlin, Croatia/Zagreb and Latvia/Riga).

Greece will play their groupmatches in Zagreb. We will face FYROM, Croatia, Georgia, Slovenia and The Netherlands.

Number 1, 2, 3 and 4 off each group will progres to the second round that all will be played in Lille (France).

We have a sick roster this year.

Calathes         Mantzaris Zisis
Spanoulis        Sloukas Giankovic
Antetokoumpo Papanikolaou Peperoglou
Printezis           Kaimakoglou Agravanis
Koufos             Bourousis

I would play like this.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No surprises there then. But its hard to tell exactly what the rotation will look like and how many minutes most players will usually get, especially for the SF and PF positions, given that Antetokoumpo will probably play a mix of both. Coach also has a lot of options in the back court, but that is partly because apart from Spanoulis none of them stand out too much. Sloukas, Zisis and Calathes are also good though so I have no complaints here.

France, Spain and Serbia are probably the main favourites going into this tournament.

France probably got this tony p, fourniour, batum, diaw can all shoot the 3 ball and they have a monster in gobert protecting the paint. Good bench also with De colo, jaitah etc

I look forward to seeing schroder in a protagonist role for germany.

I only saw the 2nd half, but Greece looked good. Bourousis and Koufos were dominant in the middle, both getting double-doubles, but perhaps that is more due to the Skopite's having awful big men. I am confident this team can beat Croatia in Zagreb next.

Serbia beat Spain 80-70 in the big match tonight. Belijca went crazy.

• Like it 1