Phantis Forums

Europa Play-Offs PAO-Qabala 2nd leg 27/08/2015 21:00

What i think 1789 is trying to say is that Ninis and Sneijder have the same playing style technically but Sneijder is more influential when he plays, they play the same good passing, vision, shooting, dribbling. One is luckier than the other.

Edited by Dean97

When has ninis had a good season? 2010? Sure he contributed but he wasn't spectacular by any means. I don't understand why people were blown away by him. How does that compare to what sneijder has done? I feel silly even having to discuss it.

When sneijder played ( in his prime), you felt his presence for the full 90 mins. He played like a leader, a

• Like it 1

For the investment PAO has made, they need to advance! They didn't sell Berg and Karelis while they spent $$ for transfers, so they must have a decent run in euro competition this season.

As for tomorrow's game, I still favor Brugge. I mean of course I want PAO to advance, but I fear they'll concede at least 1 goal so Brugge has the advantage. PAO has to score at least 1 over in Belgium.   Hope PAO doesn't repeat the pattern of wasting the first half.

No surprise here... klwnaridis made the list ;)

The whole year hangs on this game on Wednesday... win and the sky is the limit...

Lose/get knocked out... we crash out of Europe (I dont' see us passing the next round of Europa) and we start off the league on a bad note.....

HUGE GAME COMING UP!!!

1. Anastasiou, No further experimenting required. We don't have to chase the game so we can put numbers behind the ball. Ideally you would go with a 4-3-1-2 ( 3 holders and ninis at CAM). I don't wish to break up the berg-karelis partnership, it will keep them in check.

2. Individual mistakes. Relatively simple here, we need to avoid silly mistakes.

3.Dead ball situations. We were atrocious defending corners in the first leg.

4. Away goal. Naturally, you imagine someone will screw up at the back, so i'm thinking we have to score to ice this. Our best goalscoring option is berg, second kerelis, third klonaridis off the bench?

Ninis played really well with Cisse in 2010. amazing chemistry.

He also seems to be bubbling this up with Berg, and a more mild chemistry with Mitroglou.

In essence, pure strikers + ninis = winning combo.

Parma only really has Cassano, who is a CF, not quite the same type of player as the lads above.

I think that was one of the many reasons his Italian campaign was abysmal. 

Mark my words, if he stays healthy. Ninis will be huuuge for Pao this season.

someone posted this 1994  documentary its not in greek. Remember it like yesterday dad took us to game ive never ended up so poromenous after this result .  They got through hell adversity and were on the karvouna and we just couldnt force it to extra time. Its now our turn to go there and close off their g*****eno spitia id love it to be 0-0 too keep them dreaming the pricks

Edited by Spirtto13

and a big game we can win!!!! i believe we can go and win in belguim giannis will perfect the right counter attacking football we will employ on the night and we will run out winners i believe...noting is impossible play to our own ability and all will be achieved by this team!!!!....2-1 pao B)

Once we qualify tomorrow we either will play United/Valencia/Bayern

http://www.sport-fm.gr/article/podosfairo/ta-thiria-tou-prasinou-dromou/3100929

man united is not the giant they once were although still dangerous... I'd be most worried about playing Leverkusen. I think Valencia would be the easiest of the bunch while still tough. I won't lie it would be awesome to see Man U play in leoforos and panatha in old trafford

Talk about counting chickens.....

Our record against Brugge is not good. I can remember both ties against them. Anything can happen, but I predict a 1-0 or 2-0 loss. Hope I'm wrong.

Funny, for the Greek Aussies to see Paul Okon in their lineup in the 1994 tie... 

man united is not the giant they once were although still dangerous... I'd be most worried about playing Leverkusen. I think Valencia would be the easiest of the bunch while still tough. I won't lie it would be awesome to see Man U play in leoforos and panatha in old trafford

Man u is man u, you have to respect them. Also too much money invested to see them bow out. Valencia have a great attacking side. Naturally you want to stay away from these sides. Leverkusen has a tough side and a clever coach, but we generally do well against the germans. There is sporting also, if i'm not mistaken. Anyway, i'll leave it at that because there is still work to be done.

Return legs turn to surprise this time of the year because sides are become more ready ( a week can make a significant difference), not to mention determination for the trailing side, complacency for the leading side. We saw ajax stink it up at home after a good result away, dinamo score three away goals after a 1-1 draw at home, even apoel played with fire after looking comfortable.

Expect the unexpected for tomorrow, hopefully for the better.

• Like it 1

Man U, Leverkusen or Valencia would be a GIGANTIC mountain to climb....

Either one of them would be almost a sure trip to Europa, but as long as we put up a fight, then we can't complain

Sporting/CSKA/Shaktar would be a 'good" draw considering the competition... I'd give us 40% chance of going through with those teams

Good luck to PAO tomorrow, tough and tricky game but it can be done!!

Some surprise results over night which should give PAO players more confidence

Just don't want to conceed early as they will lift and run riot.

If its scoreless at halftime PAO will get much more confidence from it and it will put more pressure on Brugge.