Phantis Forums

PAOK FC Head Coach (Razvan Lucescu)

Blackhawk

We can't judge just yet.  Last season was "year 1".  He tried with the veterans and it didn't work out.  Sometimes you just don't know how much fuel is in the tank until you just run the car until it stops.

I am curious to see if he can build a new team.  Will the new players take to him ?  Time will tell.  First half of the season will be up and down.  Second half of the season I expect to see considerable improvement and a rough idea on who are really first team players and who isn't.

• 9 months later...

Lucescu is very obviously a club legend but do you guys think he needs a change in approach? The PAOK youth teams have been doing very well in domestic competitions the past 5 or so years but barely any of them break through to the senior team. Look at a guy like Koutsias. Why is he in Chicago when he could be starting for PAOK up front? The MLS is probably a more competitive league than the Superleague too. 

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Reportedly, Lucescu will be signing his new contract (+3 years) tomorrow. I can only hope this means the team will go all-in on giving him the tools (players) he needs to take us to the next level.

Official contract signing will take place tomorrow. The new 3 year deal includes approximately 300K per year raise. The new contract calls for salaries totaling 2 mil per year for Lucescu and his coaching staff.

Additionally, there is a buyout option set at 7 mil for any team outside of Greece in order to break his contract with PAOK. This buyout option is not is not applicable to any team from the countries in the Middle East. Buyout option for those teams is apparently much higher.