Phantis Forums

PAOK FC Head Coach (Razvan Lucescu)

Blackhawk

Once again it showed that the Greek sport reporters don't know what questions to ask.

To me both the coach and the technical director appeared to be very serious and knew what they were talking about. I think they will do very well. 

Do you think Branco kept saying they're professionals for a reason? I mean that seriously. It's like everyone thinks they're just going to do whatever the first thought that comes to their minds is.

On a lark I went onto a random paok fan instagram page to see the reaction in the comments (on a picture/quote from Branco). Most of the respondents seemed to pick up on what he's saying. A few still said "WE WILL NEVER MAKE IT TO THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE IF WE ARE NOT SERIOUS!!!!!!" So there's that.

I personally found Branco to be rude, aggressive, arrogant and not in control. 

Like him saying his professional, mate sorry thay doesn't stack up, we are going into a CL battle and you left us naked in CM spot we are playing with Kace for F***s sake,  who's fault is that? Ummm it's your fault champ!! So stick you aggressive s%$#! elsewhere 

5 hours ago, PAOKSYD said:

I personally found Branco to be rude, aggressive, arrogant and not in control. 

Like him saying his professional, mate sorry thay doesn't stack up, we are going into a CL battle and you left us naked in CM spot we are playing with Kace for F***s sake,  who's fault is that? Ummm it's your fault champ!! So stick you aggressive s%$#! elsewhere 

Not sure how you found Branco rude.  I found him to be simply frank and straight to the point.  Some of the questions from the reporters were inane and just trying to stir trouble and he just said it how it is.

I don't agree, for me the reporters asked the questions we talk about daily. 

Re Branco , your job is to fill up the squad and you haven't done it and your lecturing us? How are you re? 

For me, he's under pressure and he's not performing. 

Boston, I think that's an excuse, people will go anywhere for the dollar it has bed  proven time and time again. 

However if a player has a better offer he will not come to Greece as he will take the higher offer...... 

This people won't come to Greece BS is cause greek clubs won't pay imo

Money plays a part, but the fact that the Greek league is corrupted and runs like a league in a 3rd world country is the major reason it's the last option for the good players. As it is we are usually overpaying the current players just so they sign up for us. 

I don't agree we are over paying. We actual paying European standards of 2019. 

Saudi Arabia , UAE, China they are over paying...

We pay on par with lower level seria a team's,  Dutch teams, Belgian teams etc.... 

• 2 months later...

There is a report that Sporting Lisbon has asked PAOK to release Abel Ferreira so they could sign him as their next coach. Apparently Ivan Savvidis turned them down. Let's not forget that Ferreira has a 7 mil buyout clause, so if Sporting is serious they can fork out the cash and claim him.

• 8 months later...

Seeing posts on twitter and links to articles on sportime.gr that he'll be announced as terminated by tomorrow. I haven't seen this anywhere else yet so take with a big grain of salt.

That would be a bit brutal if true.  He hasn’t impressed but at least he showed some tactical awareness in the cup game.  To be fair, we are inferior to last season.  The following are all lesser players (regardless of reason); Matos, Vieirinha, Varela, Mauricio, Biseswar.  Add to that we have no real striker (I very much miss Prijovic getting those cheap goals).  We also had Oliveira, the midfield was brutal.  This year our midfield is fairly meek with the exception of Misic.

There is a lot of work to do to rebuild the team.  Abel has been too ideological and not practical but maybe now he gets it.  So I don’t blame him entirely.  Having said that I’m sure Lucescu would have done a better job.  I’m all for replacing him with someone better but the truth is we’ve only had one top manager in the last seven seasons.  I’d see how the play offs roll on and go from there.  Which probably means he’s already been fired.

1 hour ago, Bananas said:

Add to that we have no real striker (I very much miss Prijovic getting those cheap goals).  We also had Oliveira, the midfield was brutal.  This year our midfield is fairly meek with the exception of Misic.

I don't really think our strikers are worse than Prijovic. I just think that your next sentence explains why the strikers haven't been great this season. Ferreira's formation lacks numbers in the midfield (even with the way he wanted Giannoulis to play farther up), so the team feels constantly on the verge of losing the midfield. Which of course is because we don't seem to have good midfielders. On the other hand, the PAOK that Prijovic played in felt much less dynamic than it did when he left - remember how excellent Akpom was when he took over.

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently Garcia can't be our official manager until he gets his UEFA pro coaching licence. I heard on radio that it's a 6 month course and he's doing his in August (it's been delayed because of COVID) so he wouldn't be able to take over until early next year. If they do decide to move Abel along, I really hope they go in hard for Ivic. The man knows the league, country, team and city very well. He was successful and I have no doubt we would've won the league with him at the helm had he not left. 

• Blackhawk changed the title to PAOK FC Head Coach (Razvan Lucescu)