Phantis Forums

PAOK FC Head Coach (Razvan Lucescu)

Blackhawk

That's not really why he was fired. The fact that he could not defeat a team that is already relegated did him in. Also the fact that of the 4-year Savvidis era this season is the lowest so far in point accumulation. Instead of improvement we are seeing further decline, something that should have stopped with the new 3-year plan.

To be fair, nobody expected much from this season after the disaster last year. Furthermore Tudor is inexperienced and made the same mistakes again and again as we had seen with Panthrax and the gries in both away and home games.

Btw I'm new here so... hey guys!

• Like it 1

To be fair, nobody expected much from this season after the disaster last year. Furthermore Tudor is inexperienced and made the same mistakes again and again as we had seen with Panthrax and the gries in both away and home games.

Btw I'm new here so... hey guys!

Welcome Klaous

A great big welcome to you Klaous! To all guests - please feel free to join us. Blackhawk will protect you from me.

You all better behave.  B)

BTW welcome to our forum Klaous. Tell us more about yourself. Where do you live and how did you become a PAOK fan?

Actually I'm from Germoney (pun intended) and lived there my whole life. But my father being a fanatic PAOKtsis dragged me quite some years ago into the holy temple of Toumba, where I converted into a full PAOKtsis ever since.

After this I've visited some games at Toumba every summer and our "legendary" 1-1 away game against Schalke. To hear the Champions League hymn live on the spot is something you won't forget, especially not if you are PAOK. :D

• Like it 3

That's awesome. I once accidentally destroyed an escalator in K?ln by jamming a shoe into it. Would you mind sending my regrets? I can't remember which store it was, and I think I did it in 1996, so it might take a while to find the right one.

• Like it 1

That's awesome. I once accidentally destroyed an escalator in K?ln by jamming a shoe into it. Would you mind sending my regrets? I can't remember which store it was, and I think I did it in 1996, so it might take a while to find the right one.

Sounds like you wanted to send those filthy Germans a message.

But of course, it was just an accident... ;)

• Like it 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I wouldn't usually give much credit to an interim manager, in most cases teams seem to perform better when someone new is brought in. However in the 9 games we've played since he's taken over we've improved much more than I thought we would. We've conceded only 5 goals, (3 came in that disappointing league performance in Nea Smyrni), which is very impressive, especially when you consider how bad we've been defensively over the past few years, just this season we copped the same number of goals as Iraklis (12th) and Xanthi (13th). 

Results:

League

Panaitolikos 0 - PAOK 3

PAOK 3 - Kalloni 0

Panionios 3 - PAOK 1

Platanias 0 - PAOK 0

Playoffs

PAOK 2 - AEK 1

Panathinaikos - 1 PAOK 1

Panionios 0 - PAOK 2

PAOK 2 - Panionios 0

AEK 0 - PAOK 0

5 wins 1 loss 3 draws GS - 14 GA - 5

Let's hope he and the team continue their good run of form and get the result we need against PAO.

• Like it 1

I wouldn't usually give much credit to an interim manager, in most cases teams seem to perform better when someone new is brought in. However in the 9 games we've played since he's taken over we've improved much more than I thought we would. We've conceded only 5 goals, (3 came in that disappointing league performance in Nea Smyrni), which is very impressive, especially when you consider how bad we've been defensively over the past few years, just this season we copped the same number of goals as Iraklis (12th) and Xanthi (13th). 

Results:

League

Panaitolikos 0 - PAOK 3

PAOK 3 - Kalloni 0

Panionios 3 - PAOK 1

Platanias 0 - PAOK 0

Playoffs

PAOK 2 - AEK 1

Panathinaikos - 1 PAOK 1

Panionios 0 - PAOK 2

PAOK 2 - Panionios 0

AEK 0 - PAOK 0

5 wins 1 loss 3 draws GS - 14 GA - 5

Let's hope he and the team continue their good run of form and get the result we need against PAO.

hopefully if he is retained this will translate into next season and we give the qualifiers a good shake

that's always the risk with interim managers, you dont know how much is there good work and how much is just the players getting a breath of fresh air and performing better. Very different kettle of fish when you are in charge from the start of the season and have to get through the pre-season, completely get across tactics and philosophy. As in interim you come in and do the best you can. 

With that being said credit to Ivic for doing what he's done in the play-offs and hopefully he continues this form into the PAO game and secures us a birth in the UCL

Ivan pretty much just announced that Ivic will be our head coach. Ivan also said that he wanted Ivic to take over the coaching position last season, but ivic himself told him he was not ready.

Here's a couple of questions I can pose to myself when comparing Ivic to our last two coaches:

Does he play a reasonable formation?

Does he put players in their natural roles?

Do the players like him?

Has he gotten results?

We can hire Mourinho *after* we start regularly making the quarter finals of the CL. For now, Ivic ticks enough boxes for me.

• Like it 1

Here's a couple of questions I can pose to myself when comparing Ivic to our last two coaches:

Does he play a reasonable formation?

Does he put players in their natural roles?

Do the players like him?

Has he gotten results?

We can hire Mourinho *after* we start regularly making the quarter finals of the CL. For now, Ivic ticks enough boxes for me.

I actually think he's the best option we have.  He understands the team.  He understands the greek mentality.  People don't get it.  Any good proven manager out there isn't coming to Greece.  Which means you can only get a has been or you get some one inexperienced but with potential.  We tried Huub (has been), we tried Greeks who came with matching egos (Donis, Anastasiadis), we tried inexperienced but with potential (Tudor).  At the very least, Ivic has common sense and isn't a raving ego maniac.  I'll take that for a season.

I am so happy about this. Yes its not a big game but.

Hes young

Hes paok

Hes shown tactical ability

Hes shown he can control and inspire the payers

What else do you want from your coach.

Guys a future gun and a perfect signing for us.

The pro's are that Ivic knows what it means to be PAOK.  He IS PAOK.  He's seen some success in Europe (as a player).  He's done a great job with the youngsters.  He's shown that he prefers to put players in their normal position, and not experiment too much.  His line-ups have been very logical, and what we've been asking for since last August.

The con's are that he's unproven in the big leagues and inexperienced.

I thought it was pretty obvious that the job was his when it was announced that Garcia got his old job.

• Like it 1

• Blackhawk changed the title to PAOK FC Head Coach (?)
  • Blackhawk changed the title to PAOK FC Head Coach (Razvan Lucescu)