Jump to content
Phantis Forums

Recommended Posts

  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

The problems the Greek national team have at the moment are because of the EPO. 

They need to get their act together. The corruption is killing the team and they don’t care. They simply don’t care about the team. We need changes and fast!

Link to post
Share on other sites

EPO I hope your reading this 

You are at fault for all the failures the national team have had in the past and present. Your corruption has killed the national team and you all are to blame especially you Grammenos.

You have embarrassed and destroyed the Greek national team. You all should be ashamed of yourselves as you only care about the money and not about the team. Let the coach take care of the team. 

I hope they read this. It has become beyond a joke.

Edited by Dean97
  • Like it 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dean97 said:

EPO I hope your reading this 

You are at fault for all the failures the national team have had in the past and present. Your corruption has killed the national team and you all are to blame especially you Grammenos.

You have embarrassed and destroyed the Greek national team. You all should be ashamed of yourselves as you only care about the money and not about the team. Let the coach take care of the team. 

I hope they read this. It has become beyond a joke.

 

  • Like it 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dean97 said:

 

Grammenos should leave after today!!! He can't even get the NT into a proper venue, He hires cheap arse coaches time after time and only cares about the GSL. Kerata.. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

We have been a walking disaster since Grammenos came in, at international and domestic level.

People used to put s%$#! on EPO for the sake of it years ago, but I can truly say Grammenos has been pure garbage from day one

Link to post
Share on other sites

There are many factors at play EPO being one of them.  If we’re waiting for EPO or any sort of organised government response or program then I’m afraid we’ll be waiting forever.  It just ain’t gonna happen.

If it were up to me I’d boot 3/4 of the current squad and start fresh with young players. You can mold a team of youngsters.  You can’t mold this bunch.  They are too far gone.  No fire in the belly.  Too jaded.  Too much Mykonos.  Too much everything.  To all the young guys out there, this is the crap I saw in the old days 80’s and 90’s.  This is just as bad if not worse.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is worse than the 80s and 90s. Back then qualification was harder with only 1 team qualifying from less groups. We were drawn against Netherlands, England and Portugal in some euro qualifiers if i recall correctly. We also had no players playing abroad back then and we played some alright attacking football in some games back then.

This period if the worst period for our ethniki in my opinion 

  • Like it 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Bananas said:

To all the young guys out there, this is the crap I saw in the old days 80’s and 90’s.  This is just as bad if not worse.

I can’t speak for the 80’s (sadly) but the 90’s were no as bad as this at all, we actually qualified for a WC then and played good football after it in most qualifying campaigns with good players. We also nearly qualified for WC 98

  • Like it 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Alphonse said:

I can’t speak for the 80’s (sadly) but the 90’s were no as bad as this at all, we actually qualified for a WC then and played good football after it in most qualifying campaigns with good players. We also nearly qualified for WC 98

Yeah I think I'm getting mixed up with the 80's where the Yugos and other eastern block countries used to give us comfortable beatings.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Alphonse said:

I can’t speak for the 80’s (sadly) but the 90’s were no as bad as this at all, we actually qualified for a WC then and played good football after it in most qualifying campaigns with good players. We also nearly qualified for WC 98

I’ve been watching from 86 World Cup qualifying and we pulled of a draw vs Belgium who were a strong side and went to the semi finals that tournament. In 1998 we came so so close Croatia finished a point ahead of us for second place and the playoff spot and we know how good they were.

Link to post
Share on other sites

He had his chance in the League of Nations, give the Croatia disaster in Zagreb, he was due out. We would have still seen Tziolis and Tzavellas otherwise. Give Van Schip some time, his comments alone are much better than anything Skibbe said and made sense of

Link to post
Share on other sites

(Skibbe) generally speaking tried to put the best players on the field .

He has gotten the best results from the last 6 coaches to date because he understood this.

IF this current coach does not understand this the losses will keep coming and he will be gone soon.

Frankly not having Mitroglou on the bench in a must win set of games is a joke.

Greece needs a real coach who understands what strategy , tactics , and the best player selection

we need on the international level.

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by nasl
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah but he also put generally speaking, the best team he could... at the time the squads were chose Mitroglou had played very little football. Picking your best players is not exactly rocket science and we’re kidding ourselves if we’re now gona say Skibbe did that so... sorry bud but pretty off the mark there

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, nasl said:

(Skibbe) generally speaking tried to put the best players on the field .

He has gotten the best results from the last 6 coaches to date because he understood this.

IF this current coach does not understand this the losses will keep coming and he will be gone soon.

Frankly not having Mitroglou on the bench in a must win set of games is a joke.

Greece needs a real coach who understands what strategy , tactics , and the best player selection

we need on the international level.

 

 

 

 

 

We played our best possible players under Ranieri and Markarian. Look what happened. Skibbe played Tziolis, Tzavellas and Maniatis altogether against Croatia where we got smashed. That was the worst thing he could’ve done. With Manolas suspended it didn’t help. If was available in that 1st leg I firmly believe we would’ve a better chance in the 2nd leg. Anastasiadis played completely differently each ups each time. Played Fortounis ST and Siovas DM against Italy. Didn’t make sense then doesn’t make sense now. With Vant Schipt, I can’t argue with the line ups he put. He benched Kourbelis and Kolovos and rightfully so. He clearly believes the youth can outshine some of the current played and so he should. And so do I. Samaris and Torosidis should be the veterans that should be dropped.

  • Like it 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...