Phantis Forums

NT Coaches

Guest PastMember

The National team has had great coaches, but even Vicente de Bosque has moved on from Spain and they can try new systems and fresh ideas. With him Spain won everything on the planet.

Skibbe's team for instance shows no character in Sydney, Very limited preperations. Then in Melbourne they looked excellent as a team, every bit as good as England did a week earlier against Australia.

I'm looking forward, yet appreciate the great work of Otto Rehagel and Fernando Santos.

I still have the commentary of the Euro 2004 when Charisteas headed the goal in, on a disc. A guy did me a copy, sic na poume!

Wouldnt count Iceland loss as a loss exactly. Skibbe changes proved he wasnt trying to win. Would be nice for some ranking upgrade however.

In Australia we conceded at 90 minute, however we deserved the loss.

You wouldn't count it as a loss? Okay let's let FIFA know

• Like it 1

Very happy for Santos. this could've been us.

If only we played with some national pride and didn't have corrupt dickheads running the organization.

SSShh dont say such things when noone is online.

Santos had a big influence in our current situation and dishandled our team not caring about its future! Anything he achieved with Portugal on his first 2 years is nothing but mere luck followed by astronomic guidance and power boost. Don't forget to praise cristiano ronaldo for being a footballer , alongside 22 other lads who volunteered to help fernanto santos win the eurocup. If they werent pro footballers santos would be a nothing IM TELLING YOU!!!!Its their fault that he won it and asoghasohaorbaobhoao!!!!

Don't say otherwise if you wanna be liked in this forum. Based Advice.

• Like it 1

I think a lot of people don't understand that at senior international level where most of the time you have limited time with the squad it's more MANAGEMENT rather than COACHING. These are not kids whom you are going to show how to play. They are already professionals footballers & you have to find the best formula to make WHAT YOU HAVE AVAILABLE a success. Yes you are working on formations & tactics but having the respect of the players & making them believe in you, trusting you & working together for the same aim is so underestimate of it's importance. When I see Santos with his players whether Portugal, Greece, PAOK or AEK I see a group working together, unity & the players wanting to give everything for him even if some players don't really like each other eg: Maniatis & Tzavellas once they get on the field they look after each other & I credit that to Santos. Cristiano Ronaldo looks like he would kill for Santos working together rather than being unapproachable.

• Like it 1

Santos is a great coach, rated him for a long while. Did well with club teams, did well with Greece and now shut everyone's mouths with Portugal, especially those dickheads in EPO who didn't even let him travel home from Brazil with his team. How this guy still loves Greece so much after the way we treated him amazes me.

As said above, CR7 most times doesn't get on with his coach or show emotion, but you could see with Santos the love & respect he had for him on the sideline during that final, you don't see that from CR7 very often. Just shows how good a person Santos really is.

• Like it 1

• 3 weeks later...

I think Leicester will get relegated personally. They were atrocious yesterday. It was like they had never played before as a team. I hope they finish dead last in their UCL group too.

Ranieri will never again achieve what he did last season. I have nothing against him but this is where if he's a top coach/manager he shows it but I think with the squad he has he'll struggle to keep them in the Premiership.

He will always be an English EPL winner though so not diminishing what he did last season.

I do rate Mahrez and Musa though, but the rest are Championship level hacks.

I personally think Ranieri is too good for Leicester. I also expect Leicester will lose many more matches this season too. Nothing against Ranieri but he's at a crap club.

The type of club that Torosidis and Holebas would be perfect for.

As for Ranieri I wanted him as Greece manager. I prefer him to post-2004 Otto and Santos. He led Leicester to the EPL title so will go down as a club legend.

Anyone else love Holebas + tachtsidis combo in fifa?

so good for one two one twos. a nice tachtsidis through ball up to holebas on the left maximizes his world class passing + pace.

the NT should replicate this in real life to dominate that left flank lol

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Anastasiadis is a good coach and he led the Cyprus NT some good success. However he will not be allowed to ever take over the national team. If he takes over he will kick all the agents that influence the player selections out. 

• Dutch Eagle locked, unlocked and pinned this topic