Phantis Forums

NT Coaches

Guest PastMember

5 hours ago, J1078 said:

Apparently reports are that Poyet has rejected the job with the republic of Ireland and wants to stay with the Ethniki. 

He should have taken it seeing how obsessed he is with Ireland recently. They were apparently willing to give Poyet a 5yr contract? He did some positive things for Greece but he was unable to beat Georgia after having months to prepare for this fixture. It is a huge failure, the most disappointing loss I can ever remember since watching the Ethniki. Exo Poyet! 

20 hours ago, Ellada2004 said:

He should have taken it seeing how obsessed he is with Ireland recently. They were apparently willing to give Poyet a 5yr contract? He did some positive things for Greece but he was unable to beat Georgia after having months to prepare for this fixture. It is a huge failure, the most disappointing loss I can ever remember since watching the Ethniki. Exo Poyet! 

I'm with you man. He had so much time to prepare for Georgia, what's even more concerning is this to me was one of the worst performances I've seen under Poyet In a must win game. He hasn't done a good enough job to warrant a stay. He did the same thing in Holland when we got smoked 3-0 in a huge game for us in our fight for 2nd. Yes in between he does have the team pull off some good performances and did build some unity with the team but it means nothing when you lose to teams like Georgia to make the Euros.

I'm done with seeing guys like Pelkas on the wing when we have so much better options, Or even guys like Mantalos.  Bakasetas i can't really say anything negative as he's been our leading scorer and plays with heart but he can only give you so much and i think Poyet is asking him to do more than he's capable of. I'm not confident in a new coach either anymore as it just seems everyone that takes the job just keeps recycling the same players and hoping for a different result. Bottom line Poyet had one of his worst performances as a coach in the biggest game this team has had in years and he has failed. He needs to go.

Edited by J1078
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, J1078 said:

I'm with you man. He had so much time to prepare for Georgia, what's even more concerning is this to me was one of the worst performances I've seen under Poyet In a must win game. He hasn't done a good enough job to warrant a stay. He did the same thing in Holland when we got smoked 3-0 in a huge game for us in our fight for 2nd. Yes in between he does have the team pull off some good performances and did build some unity with the team but it means nothing when you lose to teams like Georgia to make the Euros.

I'm done with seeing guys like Pelkas on the wing when we have so much better options, Or even guys like Mantalos.  Bakasetas i can't really say anything negative as he's been our leading scorer and plays with heart but he can only give you so much and i think Poyet is asking him to do more than he's capable of. I'm not confident in a new coach either anymore as it just seems everyone that takes the job just keeps recycling the same players and hoping for a different result. Bottom line Poyet had one of his worst performances as a coach in the biggest game this team has had in years and he has failed. He needs to go.

For sure he could have lost the last match to France or both too Holland. It’s great that we tied France but when you have one game to beat Georgia to go to the Euros you have to win it end of story! 
Bakasetas has been much better under Poyet but did he even break a sweat last game I didn’t see it. Also taking a pen is what he excels at and he hit one of the worst penalties. Mantalos time is up too I think he should retire even though he was better than Bakasetas & Kourbelis vs Georgia. That midfield was crap until Siopis came in and made things happen. Still why did Poyet not play Konstantelias as the 10 instead of throwing him on the wing were he we did not touch the ball for long periods of time? We are talking about fing Georgia here not France or Spain. Let him go and take them on with his dribbling and creativity. Also no Tzolis wtf??  He is not as good as Pelkas? No Douvikas but Giakoumakis plays? Also subbing out Ioanidis for Giakoumakis I did not like for looming penalties and we saw what happened. No Pavlidis in either match who leads Dutch league in goals? 
Enough of all these clowns since Santos left! This is the most disappointing loss in our history! Things have to change! 

• Like it 1