Phantis Forums

NT Coaches

Guest PastMember

4 hours ago, ausgreek said:

Markarian and Skibbe are hard to beat with how low can you go..

Yet skibbe got us to a play off for a WC place ultimately losing to the eventual runner up. With Belgium in our group that we almost inflicted their first home loss in years were it not for a send-off. In hindsight they should have stuck with him as they are paying him out anyway along with Anastasiadis and have now hired a lesser couch! EPO is run by monkeys!

• Like it 1

I think the problem truly stems from the EPO not the coaches or players. I will not bash schip without having watched a single game. Give the man the benefit of the doubt. I don’t need a coach to make radical changes in my opinion, I just want a coach who will make the obvious changes lol.

• Like it 3

5 hours ago, Jimmyp said:

Well it’s not like people are lining up to coach this sack of s%$#! team. When you go through that many coaches in a span of 4 years, then you have to ask yourself how bad these players really are. 

And that Ang P guy from Australia? Please. He did well in the Australian league and coached the Australians well. Big deal. My 13 year old can start for any Australian league team, and I could coach Australia to beat Fiji, Solomon Islands and Vanuatu. Please. 

You clearly know jack s%$#! about him so why do you keep saying s%$#!?? He plays a great brand of football and carried the Australian team, if you don’t know don’t talk!

• Like it 1

Yes but a scholar like you can concede that Yokohama are not in Australia.  Another shocking judge Bielsa, openly said recently he wants to coach the Socceroos as they are becoming dangerous and the league is finally growing-his words ofcourse. Whats with your Canadian Euro snobbery bruz? I know Lazo won't put up with that.

I might mention this to the Aborigines..they can be intimidating, just watch them doing the Zorba on youtube...

Edited by ausgreek

Yes I know where he coaches now. You don’t have to personally insult me. I didn’t insult any of you. If you wanna compare leagues the MLS is way above the Australian league. Way above! I’m just saying if he was good enough, he’d be coaching a big team. 

We can all agree Ranieri was a disaster. But his accomplishments with Monaco and winning the top league in the world in England with Leicester are anything better than your homer has done. No question. Not even an argument there. 

And finally I know Canada is terrible at soccer. I admit it. I’m not a homer. I tell  it like it is. But I’d rather cheer for Canada and get beat by 10 goals every day of the week and twice on sundays than having to cheer for a team called the socceroos. Lmao. How gay is that. 

• Haha 1

On 7/31/2019 at 4:47 PM, GreekLunatic said:

He will last 6 months not longer what a joke of a pick of a nt coach 

I hope he is able to pick the best players for the NT (not the EPO) so no Bakasetas for example. Will wait and see what happens vs Finland. I pray to God that he can get this team to play with cohesion and get us back into contention for second place. 

• Like it 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ellada2004 said:

I hope he is able to pick the best players for the NT (not the EPO) so no Bakasetas for example. Will wait and see what happens vs Finland. I pray to God that he can get this team to play with cohesion and get us back into contention for second place. 

If you think the debacle we’re in has anything to do with player selections you’re gravely mistaken 

Yet skibbe got us to a play off for a WC place ultimately losing to the eventual runner up. With Belgium in our group that we almost inflicted their first home loss in years were it not for a send-off. In hindsight they should have stuck with him as they are paying him out anyway along with Anastasiadis and have now hired a lesser couch! EPO is run by monkeys!

This poster really makes sense . The reality is that he picked up the team after we had lost twice to the faroes

and when this happens your football program is not really going to turn around for a minimum of 5

years. Skibbe gave us some stability and we should have kept him for longer at least through this tournament.

Instead we have a revolving door on the field and our coaches as well.

• Like it 1

I am a firm believer that to root for the Greek team you’ve gotta be a bit of an optimist. I don’t see a lot of that in this forum. We gotta speak it to reality lol. Let’s give the man a shot. It is what it is after all.

• Like it 1

I also think it’s wrong to replace coaches after 3 or 4 games. Give them until the end of the qualifying matches to judge them. The goal should be to qualify for tournaments. If that dosent happen you can then replace the coach. Anastasiadis for all the wrong doing he did should have been given a chance until the end. Skibbe failed at the last second. Should have been replaced right there and then. 

We don’t know what could happen later on. Rehaggel lost his first game against Finaland 5-1 I think. Then few years later won a Euro. Difference between all these coaches is that Rehaggel is of better quality then Skibbe and so on. We keep shooting ourselves in the foot. This new guy dosent bring much optimism but I’m willing to see what he does first then judge.

14 hours ago, Limnos77 said:

If you think the debacle we’re in has anything to do with player selections you’re gravely mistaken 

It's one aspect of our problem.. Coaches playing players out of position is another for example. 

13 hours ago, nasl said:

This poster really makes sense . The reality is that he picked up the team after we had lost twice to the faroes

and when this happens your football program is not really going to turn around for a minimum of 5

years. Skibbe gave us some stability and we should have kept him for longer at least through this tournament.

Instead we have a revolving door on the field and our coaches as well.

I was not thrilled with Skibbe especially in the first leg vs Croatia and in the nations league match at Finland but in retrospect as I posted before he managed to get us to the World Cup playoffs in a group with Belgium where we tied them in Brussels and we were minutes away from handing them a rare home loss. Also he didn't lose to Bosnia and if not for mantalos missing a sure goal Greece would have won in Zenica. 

If I knew Ange would have been this erratic it would have been better to just stick with Skibbe for these qualifiers. 

Anyways like I have said I hope Van't Schip can some how get this team focused on playing sound winning football. Greece have better talent than everyone in this group with the exception of Italy. 

In my opinion the big part of the problem is player selections. Anastasiadis did bizarre things. But we need to find out the right combinations for the team. To me Bouchalakis and Kourbelis did well together in the middle and complimented each other.

• Like it 1

There is not just one problem with this team, There are several issues so just changing coaches will not fix our problem, it starts from the top down with the Epo who need to care more and put someone in charge that is not corrupt and that truly cares about the NT and has a plan to develop younger players. Then of course there is picking the right coach that understands the personalities of this team and has a good football mind and chooses the right players to fit with in a good football system that can make the team successful. The players I find have been getting a free pass, Their mindset and attitude and care factor has gone to s%$#!, They don’t play as a team and they don’t seem to give the efforts they give for there club teams. We need guys to obviously play there natural position plus we need to add guys with speed on the wings. We also need to find a mid fielding duo that can be consistent and control the game as this is a huge problem for us.. I don’t expect this new coach to come in and wave his magic wand and all off a sudden the team is going to start winning and playing good football, these Euros are done we need to start focusing on rebuilding the NT and stop with these bandaid solutions of just changing coaches and think this will fix the NT as there are deeper problems..

Edited by J1078
  • Like it 1

5 hours ago, J1078 said:

There is not just one problem with this team, There are several issues so just changing coaches will not fix our problem, it starts from the top down with the Epo who need to care more and put someone in charge that is not corrupt and that truly cares about the NT and has a plan to develop younger players. Then of course there is picking the right coach that understands the personalities of this team and has a good football mind and chooses the right players to fit with in a good football system that can make the team successful. The players I find have been getting a free pass, Their mindset and attitude and care factor has gone to s%$#!, They don’t play as a team and they don’t seem to give the efforts they give for there club teams. We need guys to obviously play there natural position plus we need to add guys with speed on the wings. We also need to find a mid fielding duo that can be consistent and control the game as this is a huge problem for us.. I don’t expect this new coach to come in and wave his magic wand and all off a sudden the team is going to start winning and playing good football, these Euros are done we need to start focusing on rebuilding the NT and stop with these bandaid solutions of just changing coaches and think this will fix the NT as there are deeper problems..

I feel your frustration J1078 you are like me all in with the Ethniki. It’s been a very rough past 5 years. Its been a roller coaster, finishing last in our group in Euro 2016 qualifying was probably the lowest point. We almost made It to Russia when lots of people thought we would have finished 3rd place behind Bosnia. Hopefully Van’t Schip has the team ready for Finland. If Greece can scrape out a win will be two points behind and will be playing Liechtenstein in Greece the next match day while Finland will be hosting Italy.

• Like it 1

16 hours ago, J1078 said:

I have to agree with everything you said. I also believe what you said is fact. Too many players are getting a free pass. Samaris is a good example. He has played terribly and most of the time has been a passenger. I don’t know if it’s mindset or if he is limited. I think it’s both. More so mindset. He should’ve been replaced by now. Bouchalakis has to prove his worth now. 

I was hoping to get a real decent coach and start the rebuilding the right way. We need to include talented youngsters otherwise we will have problems. We haven’t been successful with the current group. I truly believe if a player is having a horrible game then he should be replaced. Sokratis and Manolas are included. Although they are our main players they shouldn’t be getting preferential treatment. Give Mavropanos a chance. Have a look at Androutsos for CM. We need to understand which players are cut out for the international level. If something is broken fix it. I don’t think Samaris and Zeca should be our main midfielders. I don’t think anyone should have a fixed position. 

We also call up players who aren’t good enough. We also ignore players with great attributes. Club form must play a role in selections. But a coach must also go beyond at look at other certain players who can help the team. Fetfatzidis has done way better than Bakasetas for the national team. Kourbelis is maturing and improving by the year, it has to be his time to be the starter now. Also a player dosent have to be playing every single game to be selected. Bakasetas could be playing every week, but that doesn’t mean he is good enough for Greece. 

Androutsos hasn’t played much for Olympiakos but I believe he can offer something for Greece at CM. He might not be the answer or he might be, but it’s worth trying. We need to find the right players and combinations that suit the team. It’s the coaches job to analyse and asses each players abilities and capabilities in my opinion.

• Like it 2

Hey guys, there is no chance we can give players a chance who play little to no games. Mavropanos and androutsos have splinters in their ass from sitting on the bench. We have a huge issue at Cm. There is almost no young CM who are developing at a level that the NT needs. Kourbelis is a good Greek league player but is not NT level. He wouldn’t have even sniffed any of the squads before the 2014 World Cup. 

This year is is imperative that some of the younger players take huge steps... retsos, Koutris/tsimakis, vrousai, pavlidis, donis, koulouris, lamprou, bouzoukis, Chatzigiovannis, kampetsis.. 

• Dutch Eagle locked, unlocked and pinned this topic