Phantis Forums

NT Coaches

Guest PastMember

16 hours ago, Ellada2004 said:

He played for Holland in 1988 Euro championship team. He coached FC Twente. Apparently he likes to play a very high pressing and attack style. Can we succeed with that style is the question? 

No.

We need someone who is able to stabilize or terrible defense (even though we have the talent for it)

3 hours ago, ausgreek said:

Are we comparing Van Schip to Bielsa and Guardiola, or to Anastasiadis, Basinas,Ouzounidis and Dellas? There must be perspective here.

Doesn't matter. He is on a Skibbe-Level.

Edited by LaputanMachine
  • Like it 2

On 7/21/2019 at 8:41 AM, LaputanMachine said:

No.

We need someone who is able to stabilize or terrible defense (even though we have the talent for it)

Doesn't matter. He is on a Skibbe-Level.

I hope so we are not meant to play all out attack like Brazil or Belgium and like Holland did in the 1970s, even though I prefer that style. 

On 7/21/2019 at 9:01 AM, La Mendel said:

I wasnt clear enough: I mean the candidates mentioned in an article on Agonasport: Di Biagio, Paciencia, Iachini, Jimenez, Dellas, and Ouzounidis, and Van Schip.

I have a feeling from listening to Nova sport that the EPO are quite keen on hiring Van Schip. 

Let me make it clear I love offensive attacking football but in order to get the NT back to respectability we need to find a coach that can play to our strengths which is our defence, someone who can bring us back to a strong defensive team because ever since the last tournament we made, our goals against has been absolutely disgusting as we have become one of the easiest teams to score against. We need someone who can focus on defence and fast passing and someone that is going to play the best players in there respective positions. This revolving door of coaches will keep happening until we find a coach that understands our limits and  uses our strengths to start getting results again. Raneri came in and tried to change the entire way this team played that made them successful and ever since then we have been sinking. Obviously the retiring of our veterans contributed to our freefall as well. The EPO needs to do there F....ing homework on this next hire..

Edited by J1078
  • Like it 2

19 hours ago, J1078 said:

Let me make it clear I love offensive attacking football but in order to get the NT back to respectability we need to find a coach that can play to our strengths which is our defence, someone who can bring us back to a strong defensive team because ever since the last tournament we made, our goals against has been absolutely disgusting as we have become one of the easiest teams to score against. We need someone who can focus on defence and fast passing and someone that is going to play the best players in there respective positions. This revolving door of coaches will keep happening until we find a coach that understands our limits and  uses our strengths to start getting results again. Raneri came in and tried to change the entire way this team played that made them successful and ever since then we have been sinking. Obviously the retiring of our veterans contributed to our freefall as well. The EPO needs to do there F....ing homework on this next hire..

Right on! I remember when Santos was in charge Greece conceeded 4 goals in 10 matches in 2014 world cup qualifying now we give up 2 or 3 almost every game. We have to fix the defence, no way we should be this bad with the players we have at our disposal. 

• Like it 1

True. We need to do better in defence and we have the players for it. I would also like to say that we are not threatening in attack. We are very lame in attack and too predictable. Fortounis tried but he himself isn’t going to be enough and also he isn’t fast enough. He is still decent but needs real support. 

Fetfatzidis and Ninis at there best can help us in attack. Pelkas, Mantalos, Tachtsidis, Masouras, Kolovos, Lazaros and Mitroglou are decent but are not good enough and have proven it so far. At least Fetfatzidis and Ninis have a creative spark and can change the game from their pure brilliance and technique. 

They both have lost their way through the years but we can all agree they have the skill and brains that most don’t have in this team. (Excluding Fortounis)

To sum up we are not playing the right combinations and are not playing the right players in order to be successful. We should be catering to players like Fetfatzidis, Ninis and even Holebas. Players our federation stupidly ignore and don’t support. Unfortunately I don’t see these guys playing for the Ethniki again. 

Also Samaris has been given too many chances and has done nothing to help our cause. Someone who I think should be benched for a few games. I would like to see Bouchalakis and Kourbelis take the positions as the CMs. Androutsos and Galanopoulos should be in the conversation too. 

• Like it 1

According to agonasport looks like the EPO will hire Van't Schip at there next board of directors meeting on July 31.

Also says Aron Winter, whos involved with Ajax coaching system will be named his direct assistant. 

3 hours ago, Dean97 said:

True. We need to do better in defence and we have the players for it. I would also like to say that we are not threatening in attack. We are very lame in attack and too predictable. Fortounis tried but he himself isn’t going to be enough and also he isn’t fast enough. He is still decent but needs real support. 

Fetfatzidis and Ninis at there best can help us in attack. Pelkas, Mantalos, Tachtsidis, Masouras, Kolovos, Lazaros and Mitroglou are decent but are not good enough and have proven it so far. At least Fetfatzidis and Ninis have a creative spark and can change the game from their pure brilliance and technique. 

They both have lost their way through the years but we can all agree they have the skill and brains that most don’t have in this team. (Excluding Fortounis)

To sum up we are not playing the right combinations and are not playing the right players in order to be successful. We should be catering to players like Fetfatzidis, Ninis and even Holebas. Players our federation stupidly ignore and don’t support. Unfortunately I don’t see these guys playing for the Ethniki again. 

Also Samaris has been given too many chances and has done nothing to help our cause. Someone who I think should be benched for a few games. I would like to see Bouchalakis and Kourbelis take the positions as the CMs. Androutsos and Galanopoulos should be in the conversation too. 

Fetfa and Ninis had the vision and skill for the attacking side of the game now Fortounis is the guy but he needs help around him. 

I'm still pissed at how Holebas left the NT he could have helped us even going into this campaign.

As for Samaris I never thought he would be in such decline at this stage of his career I don't think he should be starting anymore. 

1 hour ago, Ellada2004 said:

According to agonasport looks like the EPO will hire Van't Schip at there next board of directors meeting on July 31.

Also says Aron Winter, whos involved with Ajax coaching system will be named his direct assistant. 

Agonasport also says: "The well-known Felix Magath, ex-coach of Konstantinos Mitroglou at Fulham, was considered a candidate by the EPO but his financial demands are too high."

That is EPO all over.

Edited by La Mendel

I mean, there is a famous candidate who would be a not altogether bad choice (Magath is known for his strictness, he would instill some discipline into the team) but they choose a relatively unknown coach because he is cheaper. Dammit, their forerunners met Rehhagels financial demands in 2001 (his demands were quite high, I guess) and the Ethniki profited a lot from this decision. Why cannot Grammenos and his men think reasonably?

It use to be comical when Van Schip was coaching in Melbourne how often his teams would conceed goals in the last 10 mins, his style of play is boring, that’s fine by me, but he isn’t the one that’s going to stop the leaks.

There are reports now the Fyssas is going to take over as the technical director of the NT and he will be the one to pick the new coach for the NT. The EPO is waiting for a response which should come with in the next few days. Apparently he met with Santos when he was in Greece and discussed going back to the plan that Santos had built for this team.. So many different reports coming out who knows what to believe..

• Like it 1

22 hours ago, Ellada2004 said:

Fetfa and Ninis had the vision and skill for the attacking side of the game now Fortounis is the guy but he needs help around him. 

I'm still pissed at how Holebas left the NT he could have helped us even going into this campaign.

As for Samaris I never thought he would be in such decline at this stage of his career I don't think he should be starting anymore. 

I’m just curious to know what do you think should happen with the team? If you were coach would you start an overhaul of the squad and play youth? Who would you take out and and who would you put in? Who is at fault and who isn’t. I’d like to know your take on everything. Thanks.

1 hour ago, Dean97 said:

I’m just curious to know what do you think should happen with the team? If you were coach would you start an overhaul of the squad and play youth? Who would you take out and and who would you put in? Who is at fault and who isn’t. I’d like to know your take on everything. Thanks.

Hey Dean, that's a tough question. I think the new coach has to keep some of the veterans on the team to help stabilize the team so Torosidis should be there to help on the pitch and in the dressing room. 

On the back end we have solid players in Manolas and Sokratis. Siovas is good and if Retsos can stay healthy he will be a huge asset along with the emerging Koutris. 

In midfield we have an electric player in Fortounis who will keep growing and improving. Zeca is a work horse and I love his attitude. I would keep Kourbelis in there. As for Samaris he is slipping he should be far more effective but in the last two qualifiers and the friendly vs turkey he was one of our worst players. Maybe the new coach gives Tachtsidis another shot?  I thought early on he would be more of an asset for us?  He had that great showing vs Hungary in 2016 euro qualifying match and had a solid showing at Belgium were he eventually and unfortunately got sent off. 

Up front I would go with Koulouris I think he will start scoring for us if given the chance. Mitroglou is also a proven scorer and usually takes his chances as we have seen over the years. Bakasetas should never be selected. He has shown very little in his 30+ appearances with the NT. 

In the end the EPO have to pick a coach who can get the best out of our players. The last coach that was able to do that was Santos and in the 5 years since he has left our results have been horrible except for getting to the playoff of the World Cup were Croatia were too much for us. 

11 hours ago, Ellada2004 said:

Hey Dean, that's a tough question. I think the new coach has to keep some of the veterans on the team to help stabilize the team so Torosidis should be there to help on the pitch and in the dressing room. 

On the back end we have solid players in Manolas and Sokratis. Siovas is good and if Retsos can stay healthy he will be a huge asset along with the emerging Koutris. 

In midfield we have an electric player in Fortounis who will keep growing and improving. Zeca is a work horse and I love his attitude. I would keep Kourbelis in there. As for Samaris he is slipping he should be far more effective but in the last two qualifiers and the friendly vs turkey he was one of our worst players. Maybe the new coach gives Tachtsidis another shot?  I thought early on he would be more of an asset for us?  He had that great showing vs Hungary in 2016 euro qualifying match and had a solid showing at Belgium were he eventually and unfortunately got sent off. 

Up front I would go with Koulouris I think he will start scoring for us if given the chance. Mitroglou is also a proven scorer and usually takes his chances as we have seen over the years. Bakasetas should never be selected. He has shown very little in his 30+ appearances with the NT. 

In the end the EPO have to pick a coach who can get the best out of our players. The last coach that was able to do that was Santos and in the 5 years since he has left our results have been horrible except for getting to the playoff of the World Cup were Croatia were too much for us. 

Great reply. It makes sense what your saying. I think we need players who are in there mid 20s for example Kourbelis, Pelkas etc, to step up and improve as we need them to lead the new generation. We have no else to rely on. Ninis and Fetfatzidis can definitely help but as I said before I don’t see them wearing the jersey again. It’s as simple as that we need Bouchalakis, Kourbelis, Pelkas, Mantalos and so on to step up.

• Like it 1

• Dutch Eagle locked, unlocked and pinned this topic