Phantis Forums

NT Coaches

Guest PastMember

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

It is reported that following a meeting between EPO president  and Aggelos  Anastasiadis the decision was made for Anastasiadis to be terminated as the coach of the national team. That includes his full staff (Basinas, Giannakopoulos, etc).

It is also reported that they are already looking for a replacement from a foreign country (Spain, Italy or Italy).

14 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

It is reported that following a meeting between EPO president  and Aggelos  Anastasiadis the decision was made for Anastasiadis to be terminated as the coach of the national team. That includes his full staff (Basinas, Giannakopoulos, etc).

It is also reported that they are already looking for a replacement from a foreign country (Spain, Italy or Italy).

So chances are 2/3 an Italian coach lmao I’m jk

• Like it 1

Whoever it is it will be another mediocre coach who will not have the balls to put his foot down to take control of the team. He will have to listen to the saboteurs that want their old buddies back on the teams. Expect Torosidis, Tzavellas and even Tziolis to be given their spots back.

• Like it 1

3 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

Today I read that they narrowed down the list to two coaches and they are from northern European countries.

I think the EPO will go for a foreigner. If so I hope they give him free reign with player selections, thats a big ask though. 

1 hour ago, Ellada2004 said:

I think the EPO will go for a foreigner. If so I hope they give him free reign with player selections, thats a big ask though. 

Can that be done that’s the question? And is it realistic for the coach to have free reign on the team?

It should be... we get nothing out of playing guys that are of no help to the NT, what so some m#$%! can make a few bucks vs making millions in major tournaments and helping the Greek game on so many levels - just further pudding to how badly the current EPO needs a massive clean out 

On 7/16/2019 at 10:32 PM, Blackhawk said:

Whoever it is it will be another mediocre coach who will not have the balls to put his foot down to take control of the team. He will have to listen to the saboteurs that want their old buddies back on the teams. Expect Torosidis, Tzavellas and even Tziolis to be given their spots back.

Absolutely.

I don't see how anyone could ever celebrate another firing of a coach. We've been hiring and firing bad coaches for the last 5 years. 

Nothing really changes here. Just another puppet coming in.

Had a decent run in the Eredivise in 17-18 which was his last job with Zwolle, finishing 9th. Didn't worked last season. Prior to that he coached in the A-league for 4 seasons which isn't exactly the pinnacle for a coach, but I remember him being highly rated in Australia and he left due to personal reasons. 

• Like it 1

Van Schip coached here in Melbourne for a number of years, this is a terrible appointment, he did nothing here, left to go coach a team in Mexico where he was fired and received death threats from that teams supporters, he returned to Melbourne to coach the same team only this time they were under the ownership of the city football group (man city) and he proceeded to do very little again.

cant believe how low the bar has been set.

6 hours ago, J1078 said:

Reports are saying the EPO is close to signing John Van't Schip as the new coach of NT.

He played for Holland in 1988 Euro championship team. He coached FC Twente. Apparently he likes to play a very high pressing and attack style. Can we succeed with that style is the question? 

5 hours ago, Greekoz said:

Van Schip coached here in Melbourne for a number of years, this is a terrible appointment, he did nothing here, left to go coach a team in Mexico where he was fired and received death threats from that teams supporters, he returned to Melbourne to coach the same team only this time they were under the ownership of the city football group (man city) and he proceeded to do very little again.

cant believe how low the bar has been set.

Oh my God.. Didn't hear that? How much money would this guy command? 

Sta garidakia ton vrikan? Xeftila. Yes he played in the 1988 squad.....Only the first game that was lost 0-1 to the USSR. The rest is history and he stayed on the bench. As a coach he was worse. Started well in the 2017/2018 season at PEC Zwolle. 4th at Christmas (10 wins in the League), 9th at the end and failed to qualify for EL-play-offs. In the 2018/2019 season he continued at the same level and was sacked just on the 19th of December, with only 7 wins (3+4) in 2018. On the other hand. We managed to lose two times against Faeroer Islands with Ranieri. Can we go any lower?

• Dutch Eagle locked, unlocked and pinned this topic