Phantis Forums

NT Coaches

Guest PastMember

8 hours ago, J1078 said:

Apparently big changes coming.... He has completely changed the coaching staff, and apparently Tziolis, Tzavellas and Karnezis will not be part of the NT going forward..  He is also going to be working closely with Nikopolidis in regards to the young guys... If this reporting is accurate then things are definitely looking up...  I hope he does a press conference soon.. EPO is so unorganized as they should have had a formal press conference with the new coach and his plans before he starts the nations league games in 2 weeks..

Do you have a link to this?... I hope this is true. 

On 11/2/2018 at 3:30 PM, tantra129 said:

i read he is going for major overhaul

I hope so man.  Send the message from the beginning, long and loud and god damn f##king hard.

Two major issues.  The first is the complacency of the players.  Too many keep getting selected when they shouldn’t be.

The second is if he’ll change the system we play to suit the players we have.  We don’t have wingers so why bother with a system that uses them.  At least that’s what I reckon.

Vlschodimos in goal.  I’d be playing 3 at the back.  2 attacking wing backs that can run all day.  Probably Limnios for the right wb or Bakakis.  Left side the young kid that plays for Olympiakos.  In the middle Zeca as the 6.  Mantalos and Pelkas playing as 8’s.  Pelkas for me is really an 8 anyway.  The kid runs all day and doesn’t have the game to be a number 10.  Up front Fourtounis and a striker.  I say “a striker” because I wouldn’t be playing Mitroglou but I know there are many that would disagree.  I don’t have time for lazy players.  Besides, he hasn’t been interested in playing soccer since leaving Olympiacos.  The guy has been more than happy to be a bench warmer and collect big pay checks for the last 3 years.   Might as well stick him on the bench for the NT also.

• Like it 1

If the coach does omit those players stated than it will be a refreshing start for the NT. Hopefully the EPO can get Vlachodimos paperwork done and we start him in goal for the upcoming EURO qualifiers and bring in Gallanopoulos

• Like it 1

6 hours ago, J1078 said:

This article says big changes are coming and Tziolis,Tzavellas will not be called up again either will Karnezis.. he is looking at adding Tsamikas,Gallanopoulos and others...

http://www.agonasport.com/agonasport-allnews/20181016-8ygrj

I hope this is true. Just hearing it makes me feel good. I don’t think Tsimikas should be our main left back. Don’t forget we also have Stafylidis, Lykogiannis and Koutris who has yet to be capped. I felt that Lykogiannis is very safe defensively l and that’s what you want there. Stafylidis I feel bombs forward well and has an excellent shot. I also wouldn’t want a left footed full back playing right back. Which also means we need to find a replacement for Torosidis. 

• Like it 1

9 hours ago, Bananas said:

Vlschodimos in goal.  I’d be playing 3 at the back.  2 attacking wing backs that can run all day.  Probably Limnios for the right wb or Bakakis.  Left side the young kid that plays for Olympiakos.  In the middle Zeca as the 6.  Mantalos and Pelkas playing as 8’s.  Pelkas for me is really an 8 anyway.  The kid runs all day and doesn’t have the game to be a number 10.  Up front Fourtounis and a striker.  I say “a striker” because I wouldn’t be playing Mitroglou but I know there are many that would disagree.  I don’t have time for lazy players.  Besides, he hasn’t been interested in playing soccer since leaving Olympiacos.  The guy has been more than happy to be a bench warmer and collect big pay checks for the last 3 years.   Might as well stick him on the bench for the NT also.

Bit harsh on Mitro I feel re banana. He had a great 2 seasons at Benfica where he was scoring for fun. I know a few of their fans were scratching their head when he was sold to Marseille at the start of last season. Hasn't had the best time at Marseille though for the last 18 months. 

It's one of those things he isn't in great form but due to a lack of good players around him who else would start. Kolouris is the top scorer in the league but you and I both know he probably isn't at the level for PAOK let alone the NT. 
Maybe it's worth rewarding the good form though? 

• Like it 1

21 minutes ago, paokarag4 said:

Bit harsh on Mitro I feel re banana. He had a great 2 seasons at Benfica where he was scoring for fun. I know a few of their fans were scratching their head when he was sold to Marseille at the start of last season. Hasn't had the best time at Marseille though for the last 18 months. 

It's one of those things he isn't in great form but due to a lack of good players around him who else would start. Kolouris is the top scorer in the league but you and I both know he probably isn't at the level for PAOK let alone the NT. 

I think he is right about Mitroglou. I think need to start playing 2 upfront. I’ve had enough of Mitroglou slowness and sloppy touches at times. I say let’s play Donis upfront and keep feeding him through balls because he is very fast and 9/10 he will get to them and strike.

• Like it 3

19 hours ago, paokarag4 said:

mitro worked well with a second striker jonas at cf I think. they typically played double striker. he hasn't been half bad at marseille. marseille should maybe start germain and him same time.

mitroglou and donis up top together would be good  but then we'd have to trim defense or midfield tough choices / injuries are always an issue.

• Like it 1

7 hours ago, georgelaz said:

mitro worked well with a second striker jonas at cf I think. they typically played double striker. he hasn't been half bad at marseille. marseille should maybe start germain and him same time.

mitroglou and donis up top together would be good  but then we'd have to trim defense or midfield tough choices / injuries are always an issue.

I think Mitro would benefit by getting out of Marseille he hardly gets any playing time anymore and did not play again today in a 3-0 loss to Montpellier.

I don’t think he is the same player like he was back in 2013 where he was scoring goals for fun. Anything he touched turned into a goal in Bothell the league and champions league. His overall game is not that good, he destroyed some of our attacks in the nt with his poor touches and sloppiness in general. I don’t think he i crap, he has an eye for goal at times but his distribution and touches are not up to standard sometimes and that’s why I think playing him with Donis upfront in a 3-5-2 or 4-4-2 would benefit him and Donis. He shouldn’t play up by himself anymore. I believe he should have someone next to him. This would mean he would have less pressure on him because Donis is next to him and is fast. Mitroglou can hold up the ball well and allow others to make runs or give him support.

Edited by Dean97

I would like to see him combo up top with Donis I think they would work well together. He is our main and pretty much only goal scoring threat. Last game vs Finland he barely touched the ball because our mids could barely give him any service. 

• Like it 1

Its a very simple game plan for any team playing against the NT, all they have to focus on is suffocating Mitro and that pretty much eliminates the Greek team from scoring... If you want to get the most out of Mitro then you need to create space for the guy so adding another striker will free him up.. We all know Mitro is slow and can be very ineffective in games but he is the only player you have that only needs 1 chance and he can score more then any other player on the team. For a team that doesn't score goals sitting Mitro is NOT the answer but rather finding away to free him up is what they should be looking at and adding another striker is the only way..  

Edited by J1078
  • Like it 3

On 11/4/2018 at 11:22 AM, paokarag4 said:

Yeah man I’m harsh ha ha.  But regardless, for Mitroglou doesn’t work in our NT.  When your NT lacks technically, you can make up for it through work rate and organisation.  In other words, run mother f##ckers.  That’s what the Germans and Italians have been doing for decades.

In our NT you can maybe, and I mean maybe, have one player that doesn’t run like a trelo.  And that slot goes to Fortounis.  Everyone else has to be fitter and harder working to overcome our technical limitations.  Having said that, that’s my philosophy or take on it.  To each their own.  But if I was the opposition coach playing against Greece and I see a lineup with Mitroglou up front, I ain’t worried much.

As to who else to put up front, right now I’d be playing Koulouris if only to piss Mitroglou off and maybe get him angry enough that he ups his game ha ha.  It’s kind of sad that have so few options up front.

The team will look different in the euro qualifiers then it will in the last 2 games of the Nations league due to the fact that he will allow the U21 to finish their campaign.. I still think we will see a different team in the next two games as I expect Tziolis, Tzavellas, Karnezis gone. I'm hoping he reaches out to Holebas.. Don't expect miracles in the first two games as the team may not look that good until they adjust to the way the coach wants them to play.. I'm taking these next two games as a way to get ready for the Euro qualifiers.. A press conference with the new coach would have been nice...

Edited by J1078
  • Like it 1

• Dutch Eagle locked, unlocked and pinned this topic